Sunday, November 29, 2020

November 28, 2020 Preparing Gravad Lax Brunch – Gravad Lax on French baguette with cream cheese, red onion slices, and capers. Dinner – Turkey Pot Pie with Steamed Green Beans

 November 28, 2020 Preparing Gravad Lax  Brunch – Gravad Lax on French baguette with cream cheese, red onion slices, and capers. Dinner – Turkey Pot Pie with Steamed Green Beans 

I slept in a bit today and then watched some PL soccer. The best game of the day was Leeds against Everton, which Leeds won.

At 10:00 I toasted two pieces of French bread , smeared them with cream cheese, lay slices of Gravad Lax on them and garnished with capers.  


I then made a new batch of Gravad Lax. I mixed 1 cup of salt, ¾ cup of sugar, and 1 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper.  I then lay a layer of fresh dill fronds on the bottom of the 9 x 9 baking dish.  I then sprinkled the outer skin side with the dry mixture.  Then I lay the skin side of one fillet on the dill skin side down and then spooned mix onto the exposed inside, then added a layer of dill.  I then spooned mix onto the inside of the other fillet and lay the inside on top of the dill on the first fillet. Finally, I spooned the rest of the mix on top of the skin of the top fillet and lay dill on top and then lay Saran over the dish and placed a concrete brick on top and put it in the fridge to cure. 





I had tea and a pecan dream and chocolate chip cookie at 2:30 and we walked in the Bosque to the two lakes.

When we returned Suzette she wanted to make a turkey pot pie.  She made her now famous pastry dough and lay it in a pie pan and crimped the edges.  She then made more gravy and added that with some of the 

PPI  beets and sweet potatoes and turkey and frozen corn and lay a crust on top and decorated the top with leaves made from leftover pastry dough. I snapped about ½ lb. of green beans and put them in the steamer with water and when the pot pie was 10 minutes from being fully baked I turned on the heat to steam the green beans.  When everything was ready Willy came for dinner. Suzette cut slices of turkey pot pie and garnished the plate with green beans and we ate some PPI  cranberry sauce with the pot pie.

I opened a bottle of 2017 Martini Cabernet Sauvignon. Its fruitiness was delicious with the pot pie.

 







We watched an episode of The Great British Baking Show after dinner and then went to bed.


Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment