Saturday, November 21, 2020

November 20, 2020 Lunch – Posole Dinner – New Recipe – Smoked Pork Chop, PPI Steak, Garlic, yellow squash, red bell pepper, asparagus, onion, and sweet potato with Lobster Mac and Cheese

 November 20, 2020 Lunch – Posole   Dinner – New Recipe – Smoked Pork Chop, PPI Steak, Garlic, yellow squash, red bell pepper, asparagus, onion, and sweet potato with Lobster Mac and Cheese

This was a day of leftovers and PPIs gone wild.

I started the day with my favorite breakfast with what I call biodynamic granola; granola with yogurt and tropical fruit salad without milk and instead relying on accumulated fruit juice from the salad to moisten the granola.

I worked with Aaron in the morning to draft an affidavit.  At noon I heated the last of the PPI Posole and fetched the last of the PPI avocado crema, the PPI guacamole, the bag of corn chips and the bag of flour tortillas.  I sliced and minced the last oz. of the last end of a yellow onion.  The refrigerator was beginning to look rather empty.

I put the minced onions into a large lotus bowl with the last 25 oz. of Posole and heated them for four minutes in the microwave until almost boiling.  While the Posole heated I toasted a flour tortilla on the stove and buttered it.  I also ate several corn chips dipped into the PPI guacamole.

When the Posole was hot I put in the last of the avocado crema and ate it with the toasted, buttered flour tortilla with the occasional corn chip dipped into the guacamole.  It was a true Mexican restaurant experience without the restaurant, which is about as good as it gets these days of heightened transmission as the Covid 19 is surging.

When I finished lunch at 2:00 the Dow was down over 200 points and the NASDAQ almost 100 points.  I was glad I had not been tracking the market during the day because it would have depressed me. My portfolio ended down ½ %.

After lunch I worked with Aaron until 4:30 to complete his affidavit.

I then went for a walk, but as I walked out the driveway to the street Suzette arrived and I opened the door for her and then walked ½ mile.in the neighborhood. I walked in the opposite direction than I usually walked which provided me a brief but lovely view of the afterglow of the setting sun over Tingley Beach duck pond from Laguna.

When I returned home I joined Suzette for a cocktail, sighed drank scotch on the rocks, I drank a gin and tonic with juice of a lime and we watched the news.

We discussed dinner and quickly decided to not cook the yellowtail steak I had thawed and instead to construct dinner with whatever PPIs and leftover vegetables we had. I sliced and diced 2 crook necked yellow squash,  ½ onion, 3 cloves of garlic, ½ red bell pepper, and seven or eight stalks of asparagus while Suzette diced two small pieces of PPI grilled filet Mignon and the last smoked pork cutlet and peeled and sliced a bedraggled sweet potato and fetched the small container of PPI Lobster Mac and Cheese from the fridge.

Suzette microwaved the sweet potato slices to cook them and added them to the large skillet with the other ingredients I had diced and sautéed the assortment of meats and vegetables in butter and olive oil with a good dash of salt and freshly ground pepper.

We opened a bottle of red wine unknown to us that a client had given Suzette today with an art print, supposedly painted by Picasso’s mistress and wife, Gidot.  The wine bottle label did not had a year of production or name for the wine, but did indicate it was a Meritage from Paso Robles, CA blending 73% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Cabernet Franc, and 2% Petit Verdot; a Bordeaux blend.   Instead it did have a man’s torso in vintage clothing with a poem on the back label.  I did some research and found that it was offered by Trader Joe’s for $5.99 and received a respectable rating of 3.4 from Vinvino.  Here is the link to a favorable review, https://vinopointer.com/meritage/

After a bit the wine opened up and tasted fine with dinner.

Suzette heated the lobster Mac and cheese in the Saran covered Pyrex  loaf pan in the microwave and we enjoyed a hearty and unusual dinner with a new pleasant wine.





 We finished the bottle after dinner as we watched Washington a Week and the last episode of Queen’s Gambit.

Suzette went to bed and I tried to blog and watch UNM play Air Force unsuccessfully, but I hit the prompt to download the latest version of word so went to bed instead.

I awakened with dry lips and throat from all the salt in today’s food, so I drank water and blogged until 4:30.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment