Monday, November 23, 2020

November 23, 2020 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup Dinner – PPI Tomato, Leek, and Goat Cheese Tart

 November 23, 2020 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup  Dinner – PPI Tomato, Leek, and Goat Cheese Tart

I had an upset stomach so skipped breakfast and ate 1 ½ bowls of PPI Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup with the addition of the PPI stir fried fish and vegetables and rice.

I then worked until 4:50 when Suzette came home.

She had eaten meatloaf for lunch so was not very hungry.  I opened a container of Boursin shallot flavored cheese spread with crackers and dried olives and opened a bottle of Rivero Reserva Rioja red wine.

    





We did no want to cook, so I made a salad of lettuce, some of the dehydrated tomatoes Suzette made yesterday, cucumber, Baby corn, and pickled leeks, kind of a mixture of what we had in the fridge.  

I heated the last of the tomato, leek, and goat cheese tart and divided it between Suzette and me.  It was even more delicious tonight after the olive oil soaked into the crust.

It is the best tomato tart I have ever eaten.  The salad was plain dressed but clean and delicious with Cesar salad dressing.


   


   This was a great dinner. 

 I  heated a slice of banana nut bread spread with butter and orange marmalade and made a cup of Earl Grey with heated milk and called Dee Simpson and talked for an hour.

At 9:00 Suzette went to bed and I watched an American Master episode on N. Scott Momaday. 

   I have seen it before and love it, so a short blog today.

Bon Appetit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment