Sunday, November 1, 2020

November 1, 2020 Breakfast – Lax and Bagels. Lunch – PPI Enchiladas Dinner – Eggplant with Garlic with tuna and Scallops



 November 1, 2020 Breakfast – Lax and Bagels. Lunch – PPI Enchiladas  Dinner – Eggplant with Garlic with tuna and Scallops

I awakened at 6:45 that was really 7:45 except for the fall back of the clock. I watch news programs and Newcastle beat Everton in PL.

All the news is covering the election, which is interesting and boring at the same time.

At 9:00 I toasted four slices of bagel, smeared them with cream cheese and lay slices of red onion and Gravad Lax on them. Suzette and I added several capers to each bagel for a lovely breakfast.


   

 
 At 10:00 I went to the garden and picked all the lavender.

At noon Suzette heated the last two pieces of enchiladas and I fetched the sour cream and we enjoyed a lovely light lunch.

 


  I then read more of White Guilt by Shelby Steele and dozed some until 2:00 when we had our weekly family Zoom meeting.  This week it was great to see Luke in his new house beside his wood stove.

I read from the end of the meeting at 3:00 until 5:45.  We watched the Denver beat the Las Vegas Raiders by one point.  

 We had decided to use three of the eggplants we grew in our garden to make Eggplant in Garlic sauce which is probably Suzette’s favorite Chinese dish.  Here is the recipe from Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking.




 I sliced and chopped ½ red bell pepper, ¼ of an onion, and 6 cloves of garlic.

I then sliced 3 eggplants into 2 to 3 inch strips that Suzette deep fried in peanut oil while I cubed about 2/3 lb. of Aji tuna and four sea scallops. 

 Suzette made a seasoning sauce with soy sauce, hoisin, cornstarch, Chinese Cooking wine, and sesame oil.

 Then she removed some of the oil from the wok and stir fried the onion, pepper, and garlic and then added the scallops and tuna and then the fried eggplant strips and finally the seasoning sauce.



    We heated the PPI rice and I de-stemmed and rinsed and spun a handful of spinach.  

 I filled the bottom of pasta bowls with spinach and then lay a bed of rice on the bed of spinach.  Then we each served ourselves the eggplant dish.  We eat this dish a lot and we both agreed that this may have been the best we have ever tasted.

  


 After dinner we watched The Trouble with Maggie Cole and Dallas lose to Philadelphia in Sunday Night Football.

 This was a very relaxing and satisfying day of food.


Bon Appetit 







No comments:

Post a Comment