Wednesday, November 11, 2020

November 10, 2020 Lunch – Beef and beef meatball pho Dinner – Posole

 November 10, 2020 Lunch – Beef and beef meatball pho   Dinner – Posole 

It was cooler today. Perfect weather for soups and stews and that is what we ate today.

I ate tropical fruit salad with granola and yogurt for breakfast.  This salad is so good I can not believe it.  We received green mangos instead of  Manila mangos, but after almost two weeks in the fridge they became like sugar.  The papaya and pineapple were just okay, but the oranges were juicy and sweet also, so on balance I really good fruit salad.

I worked until 11:00 and then napped until 12:20 when I went to the kitchen and made a beef and beef meatball soup with the PPI Beef and steamed string beans and asparagus and some PPI cooked cassarecce macaroni and some fresh rice vermicelli plus a cube of Pho seasoning, some dehydrated beef stock, and a heaping T. of white miso, plus ¼ sliced shallot.  When the soup was ready I garnished it with hoisin sauce and sliced green onion rounds.


I rode my bike to my 2:00 meeting and back a bit after 3:00. When I got home a was paying bills when Suzette called offering to pick me up to go to Costco.  She had to do shopping for the Center, but we bought a few items for the house; Boursin cheese spread, a four pack of filet mignons, Greek yogurt for tzatziki, a case of Modelo beer, Romaine lettuce, and a bottle of 2017 Gloria Ferrer Pinot Noir.

We finally returned home at 5:30 and were tired after unloading the Highlander.  So we sat and had a cocktail and I toasted two slices of Bosque Bakery rustic baguette and spread Boursin garlic and herbs cheese spread on them and watched the news.

After our drink and news fix we decided to heat the PPI Posole rather than cook. Suzette made avocado crema by mixing a soft avocado into about 2/3 cup of sour cream.  We each heated a flour tortilla on the open flame on the stove and served ourselves bowls of Posole garnished with a T. of avocado crema and we filled our toasted flour tortilla with avocado crema.  We loved our simple but amazingly tasty and filling dinner.





After dinner we watched Finding Your Roots gesturing the family trees of Julianne Moore and Bill Hader.  Bill Hader’s family tree was one of the longest ever researched, going back 40 generations to Charlemagne. 

At 8:00 Suzette went to bed to read and I made tzatziki with 1 ½ cucumbers peeled, seeded, cubed, and dusted with 1 tsp of salt, 2 oz. of red onion, a cup of Greek yogurt, two cloves of garlic pressed, a generous splash of olive oil, the zest of a lemon, and juice of ½ of a large lemon.  It was delicious.  I covered it with Saran and put it in the fridge  to garnish our lamb pita pockets tomorrow night.

I checked my portfolio before going to bed and found my portfolio had fallen another 1½ %.  Yuck.

I went to bed at 11:00 and awakened at 5:00 to a positive futures in the Market.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment