Sunday, November 29, 2020

November 29, 2020 A McDonald’s Sausage and egg biscuit Lunch – a Chicken Salad Sandwich Abe a bowl of Turkey Stew. Dinner – Sashimi with sliced cucumbers and avocado

 November 29, 2020  A McDonald’s Sausage and egg biscuit  Lunch – a Chicken Salad Sandwich Abe a bowl of Turkey Stew. Dinner – Sashimi with sliced cucumbers and avocado

This was a rather odd day of food.  We awakened at 5:45 to go get a tree at Home Depot.  When we arrived at 6:30 we discovered that they did not open until 7:00 on Sundays.  Suzette wanted to get a cup of coffee so we drove to the McDonald’s across Montano from Renaissance Center.  Suzette ordered a coffee and I ordered an orange juice and a sausage and egg biscuit and we returned to  Home Depot. We ate our breakfast and then st 8 minutes until 7:00 Suzette got in line and I waited in the Highlander.

In about15 Minutes Suzette called and I drove the Highlander to the entrance where they loaded the tree into the Highlander and we drove home.

I watched the news shows and soccer until 10:30 when unloaded the tree and hammered the base onto the tree.  We carried the tree into the living room and set it up and removed the plastic mesh it was packed in.  It was a noble fir and smelled wonderful.

At 11:00 I flipped the salmon curing into Gravad Lax and Suzette made us chicken salad sandwiches on French baguette with the last of the chicken salad.

Then at 1:00 I heated a bowl of turkey stew Suzette made in 2018 that I recently thawed.  It was delicious even though the rivulets were a little soggy after being frozen for two years.

Suzette walked around the lakes and I rode 5 miles this afternoon and then I rested until 4:00 while Suzette hung lights on the tree. 



As soon as I showered and dressed Suzette appeared at the door and said, “I’m hungry.”

We decided that we needed to eat the tuna and salmon I bought Friday.  Suzette agreed to eat Sashimi and helped me prepare dinner. While I started boiling rice with some seaweed, Suzette thawed four sea scallops.  While sliced the tuna steak, 2 scallops and salmon tail pieces. Suzette chopped and sautéed the other two Scallop and sliced an avocado and ½ cucumber into thin slices and heated a pitcher of sake.

We fetched the pickled ginger, soy sauce, and wasabi sauce.  Suzette added the PPI Steamed Green Beans and some of the pickled beets she made yesterday and I made a cup of green tea.



                                                       Suzette’s sautéed scallops

 The full plate 

 
The sushi rice with seaweed

 


Soon we were eating the Sashimi and Suzette ate her sautéed scallops.

We watched Sixty Minutes and then an episode of The Great British Baking Show and then went to bed.  I blogged in bed until 11:00 when I got up and removed the cured salmon from the curing medium, Asher the pieces and dried them and wrapped them in Saran, bagged them and put them in the fridge.  I tasted it and the addition of grappa seems to have darkened the flavor and the 36 hour cure seemed to make it  firmer.

 


Finally around midnight I turned out the light and went to bed. 

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment