Wednesday, November 18, 2020

November 18, 2020 Lunch – Posole and Cheese and Guacamole Quesadilla. Dinner – Stir Fried Chicken, Mushrooms, onion, baby corn, water chestnuts, and taka Choy.

 November 18, 2020 Lunch – Posole and Cheese and Guacamole Quesadilla. Dinner – Stir Fried Chicken, Mushrooms, onion, baby corn, water chestnuts, and choy

I worked on pleadings this morning.  Suzette went shopping around 10:30 and returned around 12:20 with two turkeys, sweet potatoes, ice cream, oysters, and cream cheese.  When Suzette arrived I fetched the guacamole and Posole and started to heat the Posole on the stove. I then sliced slices of Manchego cheese, chopped ¼ onion and went to the garden and picked a few sprigs of oregano and de-stemmed and chopped the oregano leaves.  Suzette filled one side of two flour tortillas with the cheese slices and guacamole and folded each in half and toasted each of them in a pan on the stove. The Posole was a bit thin because I had added more water after the last time I heated it, but was a lovely lunch with the addition of fresh minced onion and oregano and the warm quesadillas. 

  

After the market closed I saw that my portfolio was down 1.1%.  Suzette was home today and we both napped from 3:00 until 5:00 and then walked about ½ mile in the neighborhood.

When we returned I suggested I cook dinner and Suzette agreed saying, “I cooked dinner last night.”  Meaning she created and executed the menu with little or no help from me.

That is exactly what I intended to do tonight except I asked Suzette to help me because there were many more moving parts to tonight’s meal, even though it was going to be a one dish meal.

Stir Fried Chicken and Vegetables  

I fetched a can of baby corn and a can of water chestnut slices and the 

PPI rice.  I asked Suzette to open the cans, while I chopped 1/3 onion and ½ shallot and two bunches of taka choy, separating the green leaves from the white stalks and sliced five mushrooms.  I then asked Suzette to dice a cup of chicken from the container of PPI boiled chicken thighs, while I sliced and 

chopped a small head of garlic from our garden and three slices of fresh ginger.  I fetched the wok, sesame oil and peanut oil while Suzette fetched the jar of PPI seasoning sauce (rice vinegar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, Chinese Cooking wine, sugar and corn starch) she had made for her garlic eggplant dish the other night, so we had assembled a large array  of PPIs, canned and fresh Chinese vegetables.

We began cooking by heating the wok.  Then Suzette poured about 2 T. of peanut oil into the wok as it heated on high heat on the stove.  I first stir fried the garlic, ginger, onion, and shallot with a few dashes of sesame oil added for several minutes.  Then I added the mushrooms and white taka Choy stalks.  The baby corn that Suzette has sliced into 1 inch  lengths and the sliced water chestnuts and chicken went in next.  After those ingredients cooked for a few minutes, I added the green taka Choy leaves and the seasoning sauce and Suzette heated about 1 ½ cups of rice covered with Saran in the Pyrex loaf pan with a bit of water in the microwave.  We allowed the seasoning sauce to thicken for several more minutes, while Suzette went to the garage for two Modelo Especials.

Suzette spooned a pile of rice into each pasta bowl and then we each served ourselves the stir fried chicken.

 



   We watched Rachel Maddow and then two more episodes of Queen’s Gambit until 10:00 when Suzette went to bed and I blogged.

 I ate a second helping of food rather than a dessert, since I had eaten two squares of chocolate almond candy after lunch.

I   am feeling almost back to normal before the gall bladder operation two years ago with no noticeable pain in my legs, but still lack all the strength I used to have.  But I feel a lot better.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment