Thursday, November 5, 2020

November 5, 2020 Lunch – PPI Cassoulet. Dinner – Sautéed Duck breast with Cottage Fried potatoes and steamed green beans

 November 5, 2020 Lunch – PPI Cassoulet. Dinner – Sautéed Duck breast with Cottage Fried potatoes and steamed green beans

Today was pleasant.  The weather was sunny and cool but windless.

My portfolio rose another 2 ½% ending a mere 2 ¼% from its all time high.  I am definitely in the comfort zone again.

I ate a bowl of Posole with a toasted buttered flour tortilla for breakfast at 9:30.

Then at 1:00 I ate a bowl of Suzette’s Cassoulet.

I took a nap until 2:00 and then had an appointment until 4:00 when I watched Mad Money for a few minutes.  The big news today is Cramer said he thought big Tech was a more secure investment for those who wanted to preserve their capital than bonds, the traditional secure investment, mainly due to bond’s low return and big tech’s growth potential.

 At 4:30 I rode five miles south and got back after 5:00 so missed zen meditation.

Suzette was at home when I returned.  We decided to cook the thawed duck breasts and make Cottage fries and steamed green beans for dinner. Suzette sautéed the duck breasts weighed down with a pan filled with water Bobby Flay style.  I sliced two potatoes thinly and about 2 oz. of onion. Suzette sautéed the potatoes and onion in a large skillet until browned. Unfortunately the onion charred black.

I snapped about 2/3 lb. of green beans and steamed them in the steamer until tender, about ten minutes.

I opened a bottle of 2019 H & H Cotes Du Rhone, which was actually a bit tannic.  I suspect aging it for a few years would have helped.  I bought it at Total Wine for approximately $15.00 a few weeks ago.

                              A poached pear sauce I made by adding lemon zest and Marsala to pears
 
   
 


 

 
 We loved dinner.  It was fresh and healthy. Unfortunately, after dinner I ate several pieces of Halloween candy with another glass of wine and later a couple of chocolate chip cookies

We watched TV election coverage and read and blogged after dinner until 8:00 when Midsomer Mystery started. 

At 10:00 when it ended we went to bed.Bon Appetit      


No comments:

Post a Comment