Thursday, November 26, 2020

November 25, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner – Chicken Salad Salad with Cheese Sandwiches and Chicken Salad Sandwich

 November 25, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner – Chicken Salad Salad with Cheese Sandwiches and Chicken Salad Sandwich 

I got an earlier start today.  I ate a bowl of granola, tropical fruit salad and yogurt. 

Loyda came around 10:30 and by 11:30 I was hungry so made 

Chicken noodle soup

I used the broth we made last night from the carcass of the roasted chicken.  I removed the accumulated grease and bones and added a bit of water to fill a 2 quart pot 2/3 full of liquid.  Then I chopped and added a stalk of celery, 3 oz. of onion, three mushrooms  sliced, five leaves of Napa cabbage sliced, a small bunch of taka Choy, about 1 tsp.of dehydrated chicken stock, about 2 oz.of diced chicken, and a heaping T. of white miso.

When the pot came to a boil I added a bunch of fresh egg white noodles bought at Talin.

In about twenty minutes the vegetables had cooked and I ate the two bowls of soup.

I watched the Market close and was surprised that Moderna was up more than $14.00 and Apple was up almost $1.00. This drove my portfolio about ½% higher to almost its all time high.

  I have a lot to be thankful for.

.I rested after lunch for about an hour and then at 4:00 rode my bike four miles south.

When I returned John Myers was walking by so I said hello.  He suffers from Parkinson’s and has stopped riding a touring bike, but told me he has purchased a three wheel bike, so perhaps he can now ride.

I made a hot buttered rum and at 5:30 when Suzette had not yet come home I began to make chicken 

salad.  Soon Suzette arrived and helped make the salad by peeling the four eggs I had hard boiled.  I minced ½ onion, three stalks of celery, 1 chicken breast, and the Granny smith apple. Suzette looked up a recipe that called for a dressing of mayo and lemon juice. Suzette wanted to add sour cream to the dressing and I wanted to add tarragon.  

I went to the garage and fetched two lemons and the Romaine lettuce and then went to the garden and was 


lucky to find a handful of still green tarragon sprigs.

When I returned to the house I plucked the tarragon leaves from the stalks and added them to the bowls of ingredients I had prepared.  Suzette then made the dressing with 1 cup of mayo and 2 T. of sour cream and I squeezed and stirred in the juice of one lemon.  I added the dressing to the salad.  It was too dry and stiff for me so I added some more mayo and another T. of sour cream.  Suzette tasted it and approved of it. I tore lettuce to make a salad and peeled and seeded and sliced ¼ cucumber and spooned on 1 cup of  

.chicken salad and drizzled it with olive oil to finish my salad.

I toasted three small slices of French bread and covered them with slices of Jarlsberg cheese and microwaved them for 22 seconds to melt the cheese. Voila, an instant dinner fit for a king who is eating a heart healthy diet.






   Suzette wanted a sandwich so she went to the garage and fetched the two packages of hamburger buns I had bought for the turkey dressing.  She toasted two halves of a bun and spooned chicken salad on ½ and lay lettuce on the other side to make a big chicken salad sandwich that she devoured before I could get a picture.  

I drank the last of the French Bordeaux and Suzette drank a glass of Crayon rose from Provence. We watched the news and Nature and then a wonderful Nova documentary on the restoration of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris after the 2019 fire.


 Tonight’s meal was not exactly a meal out of nothing because we had saved the chicken breasts from last night’s meals, but the two divergent menus appeared out of thin air when I decided to make chicken salad. 

 I ate one chocolate chip cookie with a cup of Earl Grey tea and a glass of my homemade raspberry flavored vodka after dinner.

 We went to bed at 10:00. Suzette to sleep and I to blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment