Friday, June 7, 2019

June 7, 2019 Lunch – East Ocean Dinner – Picnic Dinner at Gruet of Boiled Shrimp, Vichyssoise, and Deviled Eggs

June 7, 2019 Lunch – East Ocean Dinner – Picnic Dinner at Gruet of Boiled Shrimp, Vichyssoise, and Deviled Eggs

Another 4:00 start to the day, but this was the last for a while. We filed our Reply Brief in the Supreme Court.  Yesterday we orchestrated the printing and service with the printer and the Court.  We cut the length to the 3000 word limit yesterday and sent it to the printer this morning and the printer printed the brief and delivered it the courier for Monday delivery to the Court.  As soon as it was delivered to the courier I was able to file it electronically with the Court, which I did before 3:00 our time which is 5:00 p.m. in Washington.  I realized after I filed the brief that it would be filed and distributed to the Justices on Monday. I originally thought the judicial conference for our case was Wednesday but realized that the 13th, the date of the judicial  conference is Thursday, so the justices will have two or three days to read our brief rather than one or two days.

I ate a 1/3 slice of bagel with cream cheese, onion, and Gravad Lax for breakfast.  I became hungry by 12:00, so after the bank and Post

Office I drove to a East Ocean.  I was craving Seafood, so I ordered my favorite seafood dish, stir fried clams in Szechuan Sauce, which is a dark brown sauce with lots of pepper flakes.  I tore into the dish and devoured all the clams and most of the rice.  Here is a picture after the meal.

                                               I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.

I returned home and discovered that I had a nice gain in the Market.

Then I dealt with the printer and filed my brief.

Suzette arrived around 4:00 and suggested we prepare a picnic dinner and take it to Gruet and eat it with a Tasting of champagne, which is what we did.  Dinner was very special Burt also simple.  I reconstituted some cocktail sauce, while Suzette boiled four eggs and cut them in half, combined the yolks with mayo and Grey Poupon mustard and stuffed the white portions with the mixture and filled the center of the plate with diced dill’pickles.  Suzette also filled a thermos with Vichyssoise and boiled shrimp.  We then bagged the shrimp with ice and filled a picnic basket with and drove to Gruet.  We ordered the weekly tasting, which was lovely.  We drank Sauvage Rose, 2012 Blanc de Blanc, Blanc de Noir, and Extended Tirage (which is Blanc de Noir left on the tirage racks an extended period, plus a glass of Brut Rose.

 



 
                                           Buying wine is  a chore, but someone has to do it.

As we walked through the dining room I noticed the tables and chairs in the caves area.  What a great place for a celebration




Suzette wanted to buy wine for the Field to Food dinner, so after dinner we tasted a still Chenin Blanc. She decided to buy a case of Chenin Blanc and 6 bottles each of Blanc de Noir and Brut Rose.


We then drove to Sprouts to shop but discovered we had left our coupon at home. We bought corn, avocados, tomatoes, mozzarella, ground beef and string beans. I will return tomorrow for fresh Atlantic Salmon to make another batch of Gravad Lax so I can use my $5.00 coupon

We drove home, rested, watched TV and went to bed at 10:00 with the intention of sleeping late tomorrow.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment