Monday, June 24, 2019

June 24, 2019 Lunch – Tuna Salad. Dinner – BLT Sandwiches

June 24, 2019 Lunch – Tuna Salad. Dinner – BLT Sandwiches

I started by eating a bowl of granola, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad.  The tropical fruit salad has started to mildew, so I threw the rest out.

I then rode the short route 3 ½ miles and then showered and dressed.

At noon I made a lovely salad with some of the PPI sautéed tuna from last night’s dinner. Mi went to the garden and picked a handful of lettuce leaves and added some of the red leaf lettuce plus two tomatoes diced, a sliced pickled cucumber, a slice of blue cheese, two green onions sliced, tuna, and potato salad.

I also ate some Japanese pickled carrots, radishes, and cucumber.



I went to a meeting and returned at 2:30 and worked until 4:00 when I drove to Sprouts and bought smoked thick cut bacon for $3.99/lb., Salmon for $7.99/lb., and an avocado for $.99.

When I returned home I suggested we eat BLT sandwiches because I had two nice tomatoes, the rest of the lettuce, and the new bacon on the lovely thick slices of whole wheat bread.  Here are pictures of the sandwiches and salad.



We ate pieces of Suzette’s clementine cake for dessert.

Willy called at 8:00 and came over to eat BLT sandwiches around 8:30.

After he left at 9:00 I watched Haiti beat Costa Rica and then two episodes of First Peoples that described the settling of the Americas and the second one on the evolution of Homo sapiens.  The first show said all early settlers were separated by 6000 years but were all the same genetically.

The second show about Africa proves that we are actually a hybrid of several pre-homo sapiens with homo – sapiens through inter-breeding.  The Neanderthals live on in non-European people.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment