Friday, June 7, 2019

June 5, 2019 Lunch – Liverwurst Sandwich Dinner – Vichyssoise and Liverwurst Sandwich

June 5, 2019 Lunch – Liverwurst Sandwich Dinner – Vichyssoise and Liverwurst Sandwich 

I am in the midst of finishing my brief for the Supreme Court and my interest in food has diminished to zero.  I ate a slice of bagel with cream cheese and Manchego cheese for breakfast.  

For lunch I ate an open face sandwich of Liverwurst  and Jarlsberg cheese on a toasted slice of whole-wheat bread with cornichons and dill pickles.

The  first Wednesday of the  month is senior discount day at Albertsons and I had seen an ad for pork tenderloin  $1.77, which is the cheapest I have seen in years .

So I drove out.  I bought three two packs of pork tenders, two ½ pints of heavy cream, two half gallons of ice cream and a lb. of fresh Dover sole discount day and saved $2.84.

I was a happy camper.  

I came home and when Suzette arrived we decided not to cook and eat 
PPIs instead.  We added ½ of one of the ½ pints of cream to the Vichyssoise I made last week and made liverwurst sandwiches.  I ate two bowls of  Vichyssoise and the liverwurst sandwich with Jarlsberg cheese on it and two wedges of dill pickle.  My stomach started feeling uncomfortable soon after dinner, so I made a promise to my stomach not to eat liverwurst more than once a day.

I think I sipped a small glass of PPI red wine that was not very good either.  We must be very tired these days from work. Why else would we put so little effort into cooking?

Don’t get me wrong. The Vichyssoise was very good, but the liverwurst over whekmed the soup and  the balance of food, adding a heavy dish to a heavy dish, or carbs and carbs, if you wish.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment