Tuesday, June 18, 2019

June 17, 2019 Lunch – Ichiban. Dinner – PPI meatloaf and baked Potatoes with steamed asparagus

June 17, 2019 Lunch – Ichiban. Dinner – PPI meatloaf and baked Potatoes with steamed asparagus

I tried to return to a more reasonable lifestyle today.

I woke at 7:00 and ate a bowl of yogurt, granola, and fruit salad for breakfast.

At 8:30 I rode my bike north, but when I started to make the turn north under the Central bridge I discovered the bike path and bosque were filled with water, so I turned south and rode to Marquez and back home for a 4 mile ride.

I showered and dressed and worked for a while.  At 12:00 I called Robert Mueller to see if he wanted to go to lunch.  He said he and Marilyn were discussing lunch.  We agreed to meet at Ichiban at the corner of Alameda and Coors at 12:45.

It was great seeing them.  They ordered sushi rolls and I ordered Chirashi.  The food is always beautifully presented at Ichiban and they serve my favorite green tea, genmai cha, with roasted and puffed rice kernels.




We enjoyed catching up on stuff as Lothar their large superbly trained German Shepard lay in the corner of the restaurant behind them.

After lunch I went to Sprouts in the same Center and purchased an eggplant, tomatoes, fresh big asparagus, and shallots.

It was 3:30 when I arrived home. I worked a bit and then watched the Nightly Business Report at 5:00.

It was an up day for me in the Market.  The main driver was Facebook’s announcement that it was introducing a crypto currency that could be used as an international currency.  Is this the launch of a new more ubiquitous medium of exchange in the world?

We decided to try to eat some of the stuff we had, so Suzette microwaved several slices of PPI meatloaf and baked potatoes and steamed some of the fresh asparagus stalks and I poured some of the PPI Concha y Toro merlot/Cabernet blend and we were ready to eat in about fifteen minutes.  Suzette went to the garden and picked chives and sliced them thinly with a scissors.  She then buttered the potatoes and dabbed them with sour cream.

I added two dabs of sour cream to my slice of meatloaf to add a Russian touch and Bearnaise sauce to a French touch to the asparagus  Here is a picture.


It was a lovely light dinner, especially since we were tired from cooking and serving dinner last night.

We watched the Antiques Roadshow, but Suzette went to bed before 9:00 and I followed at 9:20.

I ate a couple of spoonfuls of cherry clafoutis for dessert.  It is one of the most delicious I have ever made due to letting the cherries sit in brandy and Grand Marnier for two days.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment