Monday, June 3, 2019

June 3, 2019 Lunch – Liverwurst and Cheese sandwich. Dinner – Spaghetti and Meat sauce and Steamed broccoli

June 3, 2019 Lunch – Liverwurst and Cheese sandwich. Dinner – Spaghetti and Meat sauce and Steamed broccoli

I toasted a 1/3 slice of bagel, spread it with cream cheese, garnished it with a slice of onion, slices of Gravad Lax, and capers and ate it with a cup of green tea for breakfast.

I little after noon I toasted a slice of whole wheat bread and spread it with mayo and laid slices of onions on the mayo and then slices of liverwurst, which I spread French seeded mustard on and then slices of   Jarlsberg cheese.  I also put to cornichons and two slices of fresh dill pickle on the plate and ate them with the sandwich.


At 1:30 I rode to Montano and back.  If was a pretty fast ride, about an hour.  I am regaining my old form.  I can ride without pain for a reasonable distance now. When I returned home I showered, shaved, and dressed.

I then went to pick up the rent and visit the candy store, which is now a Mexican Import store with lots of colorful painted welded steel objects.

After I deposited the rent check into the bank I returned home and made a herring sandwich on toasted rye bread spread with sour cream and garnished with a slice of onion and herring in wine sauce and then worked until 5:00. When Suzette arrived we decided to make spaghetti and garnish it with the meat spaghetti sauce.  Suzette fetched the spaghetti sauce from the garage and heated it while she boiled a package of spaghetti and steamed several flowerets of broccoli.

I poured out the rest of the bottle of Origon Spanish Gran  Reserva from the Terra Alta wine region, a 60% Syrah and 40% Tempranillo blend.  I thought it was a little heavy.  Suzette wanted a Sangiovese from Italy.  I asked her if she liked the Origon with the meal and she said, “It was too heavy.  I no longer like heavy reds, especially Syrah.”

I am glad to know that because I like lighter reds and will avoid the heavier reds in the future.

We took our wine and pasta bowls filled with spaghetti, sauce, and broccoli out to the gazebo at 6:3.  There were pretty constant gusts of breeze that kept the mosquitos away. We finished eating by 7:00 so we’re able to see all of Rachel’s show tonight. Another stellar presentation tonight by Suzette.  I grated Pecorino Romano cheese on spaghetti.





Afterwards I drank a cup of tea with several cookies.

We went to bed shortly after 9:00 and I blogged until after 10:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment