Tuesday, June 11, 2019

June 11, 2019 Lunch – Liverwurst and Pickled beet Salad. Dinner -Grilled Rib Steak with sautéed Pasta with broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and red bell pepper

June 11, 2019 Lunch – Liverwurst and Pickled beet Salad. Dinner -Grilled Rib Steak with sautéed Pasta with broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and red bell pepper

I started the day by eating a owl of granola, tropical fruit salad, and yogurt around 9:00.

At 9:45 I rode forty minutes to Campbell Rd. and back.

I felt strong even though I rode yesterday.  I seem to be building my stamina and reducing pain in my joints as I eat more protein and carbs and exercise more.

I showered and dressed and from 11:00 to 12:30 worked with Skipti to file an annual report in Delaware and write a legal opinion.

I then made a salad with Romaine, the avocado, radish, red onion, and tomato salad Suzette made yesterday, plus cubed dill pickles, kalamata olives, pickled beets, herring, and liverwurst.  I also made a cheese sandwich by toasting and buttering a piece of whole wheat bread and melting slices of Jarlsberg cheese on it.




I drank water.

I then checked the Market and found that I had another up day with the help of the tech stocks and a slight increase in the price of oil.

I lay down but at 4:00 welcomed a contractor willing to bid on construction at the candy store.  Suzette arrived a few minutes later and took control of discussions and I lay down and read and the took a nap until after 6:00.

Suzette picked the menu for tonight’s meal; grilled rib steak and a one skillet dish of sautéed onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and broccoli, then sliced mushrooms with a dash of Marsala wine plus the PPI spaghetti.

I went t the basement to fetch a bottle of 2010 Wellington Mohrhardt Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon and opened it.

The steak was part of the new batch of steaks I recently bought at Smith’s that I had cut 1 1/4 inches thick.  When Suzette brought it in from the grill it was still rare red, so I cut slices and Suzette sautéed the rare slices until they were more medium rare.  She then spooned the pasta with vegetables into a pasta bowl and then added slices of steak.



Suzette could not eat all of her bowl of food, but I did and loved it, especially with the Wellington cab.

After dinner I ate a couple slices of goat cheese and French Brie cheese and a piece of chocolate with additional sips of the cab.

We went to bed at 9:00.

My body is less sore after riding and less sore in general,  I am still making progress in my recovery fro pm the gall bladder operation I had in December 2018.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment