Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June 12, 2019 Lunch – PPI Spaghetti Primavera and steak and PPI Vichyssoise Dinner – Mom’s Meatloaf with Steamed Green Beans and acorn on the Cobb

June 12, 2019 Lunch – PPI Spaghetti Primavera and steak and PPI Vichyssoise   Dinner – Mom’s Meatloaf with Steamed Green Beans and acorn on the Cobb

At 9:00 I ate granola, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad.

At noon I ate the PPI Spaghetti and grilled steak from last night’s meal.

I napped from 2:00 until 4:45 when Suzette arrived.

I had a losing day in the Market, as it went down for the second day in a row.

Suzette started making her Mom’s Meatloaf.  Here is the recipe, except today she added several pickled eggs like the Persian dish we saw on Anthony Bourdain’s sShow on Iran.







I snapped green beans and Suzette started boiling corn on the Cobb.



After the Meatloaf was put in the oven to bake we each made our desserts.  Suzette made the clementine cake with almond flour and I made a Clafoutis with 7 T. of flour, 10 T. of powdered sugar, 3 3/4 cup of scalded half and half, ½ tsp. of salt, three whole eggs and two egg yolks.  Besides using more half and half and eggs, I also put about ¼ cup of cognac, Grand Marnier, and orange juice into the cherries several days ago.  We baked the Clafoutis for over an hour and it still did not dispel all the liquid, which when I tasted if after we removed it from the oven I considered a big plus; a
brandied cherry Clafoutis.


                                                         The dry ingredients mixed with egg


                                                            The brandied cherries

                                                  The scalded half and half




Mom’s Meatloaf was wonderful, not greasy,  very delicious.  Suzette told me that when she was leaving home she copied her favorite recipes from her mom’s collection of recipes and this was one of them.  So, thanks Sara Jane for the great recipe.  I guess it is one of those traditional Pennsylvania Dutch recipes.



I drank the PPI Wellington Cabernet Sauvignon and Suzette drank the PPI Charles zshaw organic California Pinot Noir.  Here are the glasses.  The Pinot is on the right.  Can you see the difference in color?

We ate mocha fudge ice cream and rooted for Saint Louis to win the decisive game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and they did.

We went to bed after another big evening of cooking.

I go looking for pork ribs and corn tomorrow for our Father’s day dinner with the Souder/Grafs and Palmers.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment