Monday, July 9, 2018

July 9, 2018 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Suzette’s Tapa, Tabouleh, Cauliflower Salad, and pickled Beets

July 9, 2018 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Suzette’s Tapa, Tabouleh, Cauliflower Salad, and pickled Beets

This was a fun food day in an unusual way.  I started the day with a bowl of granola, milk, blueberries, and Greek yogurt and then rode to Montano.

I showered and worked until 11:30, when I got hungry and heated the P
PI Vietnamese Pho Miso Soup I made yesterday.  After lunch I worked for a while and then at 2:15 drove to the bank and then El Super.

At El Super I bought 15 items, including limes, bananas, broccoli, parsley, green onions, cucumbers, radishes, mangos, crema, milk, large avocados, cilantro, cherries, and chicken thighs.

I went home so I could listen to Cramer, who was resoundingly positive about the stock market.  Actually Friday and today were back to back  big point gains in the Dow, which has not happened in a long time, so perhaps it is significant.  Today’s gain put my portfolio up 4% for the year.  I am guessing the total gain this year will be about 8%, which is not as good as last year’s 20% gain, but will be very acceptable given the uncertainties so far this year and the chaos we will probably see in the second half of the year.

I decided to make tabouleh, so I soaked 1 cup of No. 2 bulgur in warm water.  I then sliced thinly a bunch of green onions, and de-leaved and chopped   1 ½ bunches of parsley, and squeezed the juice of 2 ½ lemons into the tabouleh and about ½ cup of olive oil and a little water plus sal5 and pepper, about 1/3 cup of fresh chopped mint leaves and two tomatoes diced.

Suzette came home at 5:30  and decided to make her tapa, which was served to us as an appetizer in an 18 € comida del dia at a restaurant in Pasia, Spain, near San Sebastián about ten years ago.  It includes sautéed chopped canned artichoke hearts and pimientos with diced Serrano ham and frozen peas with a dash of saffron.  Tonight Suzette substituted two smoked pork cutlets for the ham.  The result is always pleasing and the ingredients are readily available from one’s pantry and freezer.

We opened the PPI Cauliflower salad made with sliced cauliflower flowerets, celery, and black olives Cynthia brought Saturday evening and graciously left for us and the pickled Beet slices we made last week.

We each filled a plate with the tapa, tabouleh, cauliflower salad, and beets.  We drank water and finished the meal with a few sips of the PPI 2017 St. Sagnol Coteaux Varios Du Provence rose’ left from Saturday’s dinner Party.  We finished dinner before 7:00.  I went to the bedroom to read while Trump presented his Supreme Court nominee and afterwards we watched the Antiques Roadshow. Willy came over a little after 7:00 and enjoyed our simple dinner.



The 2017 St. Sagnol Rose’ is on the right

A little later I ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream with raspberries and chocolate syrup and drank a cup of mint tea I made with fresh mint leaves and black tea.

Bon Appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment