Monday, July 16, 2018

July 16, 2018 Lunch – Tabouleh Salad Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak, Baked Potato, and Steamed Broccoli

July 16, 2018 Lunch – Tabouleh Salad  Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak, Baked Potato, and Steamed Broccoli

I ate a half bagel with cream cheese, Lax, sliced red noon, and capers and then rode to Campbell Rd.

I showered and worked until 12:30 and them after driving to the bank made a tabouleh salad with kalamata olives and cucumber salad.

I toasted Slices of French baguette and spread taramasalata on each and ate them with the salad.  I have been enjoying tabouleh salads.  I made more tabouleh on a Friday because I had all the ingredients, No.2 bulgur, tomatoes, parsley, mint, lemon juice, olive oil, and a bunch of green onions.  I love a cool salad with tabouleh, feta cheese, and olives in the summer.



A 3:30 I thawed out a rib steak.  At 4:15 I Roasted six russet potatoes.  So when Suzette arrived a bit after 6:00 we just needed to decide upon the vegetable.  We decided upon steamed broccoli.  I warmed the Béarnaise sauce slowly off heat on the stove and it thinned a bit but did not break.  I also went to the garden and picked seven or eight stalks of chives, which I sliced thinly and placed in a shallow bowl.

After Suzette grilled the steak to medium rare, I sliced it and Suzette cut open a potato and slid pats of butter into each and served the broccoli.  We each put slices of steak onto our plates and added sour cream and chives to the potato and dabbed bearnaise sauce onto the broccoli and steak.

I opened a bottle of 2011 Chianti Reserva (Total Wine $11.99 less 20%).

After dinner I spread Brie cheese on a piece of buttered French baguette and ate it with sips of the Chianti.

Later I drank a sip of Calvados with a couple of chocolate truffles and finally a glass of rompope laced with cognac.

Nothing like a comfort food meal of steak and potato after middle eastern salads.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment