Tuesday, July 3, 2018

July 3, 2018 Lunch – Salad. Dinner – Grilled Lobster tail, potatoes at gratin, and Sautéed sugar snap Peas

July 3, 2018 Lunch – Salad. Dinner – Grilled Lobster tail, potatoes at gratin, and Sautéed sugar snap Peas

Today was my birthday and I rested all day.  I watched the Swedes beat the Swiss, then rode to the bank to make deposits, then made a large salad with pork rib meat, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, green onion and Romaine lettuce with reconstituted Cesar salad dressing by adding anchovies filets, an egg, lemon juice, and olive oil to my permanent salad dressing jar and mixing it by shaking it.



Then at noon I watched England play Colombia, which tied the game in the last minute and took England to penalty kicks, before England prevailed on penalty kicks after two hours of play.

I then took a nap and then read my book club book for July until 5:30 when I ate a couple of open faced sandwiches and then went to meditate from 6:00 until 6:50.

When I returned home Suzette was ready to cook dinner.  She had baked a potato au gratin with russets and sweet potatoes, cheese and milk.


She had also picked the ripe sugar snap peas in the garden and had prepped the two lobster tails we bought yesterday at Sprouts for grilling with lemon wedges and butter.







A melted butter and lemon sauce 

When I arrived she grilled the 4 oz. lobster tails for 10 minutes, and sautéed the peas in butter in a skillet on the stove.



I pored the last 1/3 bottle of La Granja Viura/Vermejo blend white (Trader Joe’s $5.99) that was excellent with a bit of body and dry.

After dinner Willy came by and heated the last three Pork spare ribs and the last of the potatoes au gratin and the ate som Clafoutis.

Later I finished the Clafoutis with a spritz of whipped cream, a drizzle of cognac, and a cup of tea.

We watched Bill Maher and went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment