Friday, July 13, 2018

July 11, 2018  A Lesson in the Market Lunch – Cosmos Fish and Chips. Dinner – TaNdoori Chicken Cesar Salad

 Today was another expensive lesson in my learning curve on the market.  Yesterday at around 5:00 Treasury announced another wave of tariffs against China.  I knew there would be a big in the Market.  I went into a frenzy.  I tried to sell my 2300 shares of Apple but had to put in a limit order at $1.32 below the close, which was a couple of cents below the bid but No one took that that offer and the price kept dropping. I called Tom Crow and he suggested, Buy on the open.”

Well I did not take his advice and it turned out Tom was right.  I sold in the pre-Market for $188.42.  Then 10 minutes later had a sinking feeling when Apple opened at $189.20 and went to $189.46, so I had lost $1.00 profit by selling in the pre-market.

I was right about the trend and after the short run up to $189.46 Apple started to drop. It dropped to $187.75 during the day, but at halftime during the World Cup match between England and Croatia, it went below 188.42 and I sold at $188.20.  If I had waited ten minutes in the morning and sold at the open as Tom had suggested I would have saved $2,800  instead of $506.00.

This Thursday morning at 8:00 as I write yesterday’s blog, Apple is selling for over $190.00 and the Dow is up $172 points that follows the normal trend of Apple, which is a bounce back after a dip.

I also learned from Gabe at TD Ameritrade yesterday how to enter a conditional bid and how to enter a pre-Market order,  who placed my pre-Market sale at $188.42.

Three or four things learned and it only cost me $2,300.  Yuck.

Back to food.

Today was not a riding day so I did not eat until 10:00 when I ate a bowl of tabouleh and cucumber salad.

Then at noon I started watching the England v. Croatia World Cup match.  Peter arrived at 12:30 with a fish and chips lunch for me and Suzette and a Cesar Salad for him from Cosmos.

We watched the match until the end of full time at 1:45 when the score was tied 1 x 1.  We said goodbye to Peter and drove to our dermatology appointment.

After the appointment we drove to Michael’s to return framed pictures and then to Costco.  At Costco we bought spinach, romaine lettuce, and beer.

When we returned home. Suzette wanted to make a tandoori chicken Cesar salad.  We tore up a head of romaine and added tabouleh and Suzette slices and added them to the salad plus Slices of Pecorino Romano cheese, a sliced egg,  Suzette made and added croutons to the salad.  I added lemon juice and olive oil to the dressing and dressed the salads.


We opened a bottle of La Granja white blend of 70% Verdejo and 30% Viura (Trader Joe’s $5.99).



The wine was delicious with the salad.  I liked the combination of Caesar Salad (romaine, cheese, croutons, egg, and dressing) with tandoori chicken.

After dinner Suzette ate a bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce and I ate a Swedish pastry with a cup of tea.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment