Tuesday, July 24, 2018

July 24, 2018 Lunch PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner Hamburger Helper ground beef, carrots, onions, potatoes, oregano, steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower


July 24, 2018 Lunch   PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner  Hamburger Helper   ground beef, carrots, onions, potatoes, oregano,  steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower

I ate yogurt, granola, milk, and blueberries for breakfast.

I rested again today although became busy during the day with a couple of matters.

For lunch I heated up the PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup and added some Jimmie Dean Sausage, sesame oil, and a sliced mushroom.  I also garnished the soup with slices of green onion.

I ate all three bowls o& it with the hope it would give me strength to restore my health.

I watched Mad Money and the business news but was unable to find out why Square dropped $2.00 today.  The result was that the fang stocks rose and my portfolio reached a new high.  Alphabet rose $40.00 per share, which helped a lot even though I only own 37 shares.

We started cooking at 5:30 because Suzette had eaten little today.  I diced two baked potatoes, 1 onion, and two fresh carrots grown in Suzette’s organic garden at the Center for Ageless Living. Suzette sliced two mushrooms and began sautéing the 1 lb. of ground beef left from last night’s meal.  In a separate skillet Suzette sautéed the potatoes, onion, carrots, mushroom slices, and the PPI steamed broccoli and cauliflower from last night’s meal.

Suzette went to the garden and picked a small handful of oregano.  I removed the leaves from the stems and finely chopped the oregano and added it to the skillet.




She combined the ingredients of both skillets and melted strips of Pecorino Romano cheese on the mixture while I went to the basement and found a bottle of Aquino Chianti Reserva ( Trader Joe’s $5.99). I opened and poured the Chianti.

We ate a hardy dinner while we watched the news.  After dinner Suzette ate several bites of Clafoutis, as did I also,  but the best dessert was a small fresh peach from our peach tree.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment