Thursday, July 19, 2018

July 19, 2018 Lunch – East Ocean Dinner – PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables with Rockfish and rice


July 19, 2018 Lunch – East Ocean  Dinner – PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables with Rockfish and rice

I ate a bagel with sliced Lax and red onion for breakfast and then rode to Campbell Rd. at 6:30.

When I returned I watched the climb to the summit of Alpe de Huez in the Tour de France, which resulted in another dramatic win by Garaint Thomas, sweeping around the outside of the last corner at full speed to catapult himself into the lead at the top of the climb.

He is 6 feet tall and weighs 156 lb. and can climb and also has power on the road.  He has won two gold medals at the Olympics in 4000 meter road races and now two yellow jerseys in this year’s Tour.

I worked a bit and then went to an 11:00 dental appointment, after which I went to Costco to pick up prescriptions.  I had planned to eat a hot dog but the line was so long and slow I left and drove to East Ocean and ordered a dinner portion of Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables, with a view to eating the remainder for dinner.

I took 2/3 of the dish and rice home.  I worked until 3:45 and then was pleasantly surprised to discover that the Dow dropped 150 points, but my portfolio increased by $4,000, thanks mainly to Apple and Square.

I then rested until Suzette arrived at 6:30.  She rested for a while after her arduous 12 hour day in the heat and then I suggested that we check the fish to see if it will last another day.  We decided to cook the fish tonight.

Suzette leaped out of bed and went into action, even though she had originally said she would not cook.  She Poached the three fish filets in a court bouillon made with butter wine, thyme and tarragon, and pressed garlic cloves.

I diced 1 T. of ginger, ½ onion, 1 Mushroom, and ½ PPI Baked acorn squash which we stir fried in the wok for several minutes in peanut and sesame oil.  I then added the fish stock to the wok and then the PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables and rice.  Suzette took over and added the fish and some cornstarch mixed with fish fume to the dish to thicken it.  It turned out to be a thick stew, sort of a rice congee with fish, tofu, and vegetables.

I called Willy at 8:30 to see if he had eaten or was available.  He told me he had just finished playing soccer, so when I suggested he join us he agreed and drove over.

When Willy arrived I went to the garage to fetch two beers for us. Willy drank his water and Suzette served the fish congee.  Although it looked like a bowl of thick white paste with lumps of vegetables it was very nutritious and delicious.

After dinner Willy left and we ate bowls of Clafoutis with sniffers of cognac and went to bed after preparing the guest bedroom for T.R. and Linda, who are spending the night tomorrow evening.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment