Monday, July 23, 2018

July 23, 2018. Lunch - Vietnamese Miso Noodle soup. Dinner – Grilled Hamburger and onion slices, steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower and sautéed mushrooms

July 23, 2018. Lunch - Vietnamese Miso Noodle soup. Dinner – Grilled Hamburger and onion slices, steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower and sautéed mushrooms

Today I ate granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries and pineapple for breakfast.

At 10:30 we went to surgery for removal of skin cancer.  I was scheduled for surgery at 11:00 and it lasted until 2:30.

When we got home I was hungry, so I made a Vietnamese Miso Soup with dashi, a Pho seasoning cube, 1 T. of red miso, the PPI haddock with tofu and mixed vegetables, a diced shallot, a diced white mushroom, seaweed, green peas, and green onion, plus wheat, rice, and buckwheat noodles.

I ate a bowl and put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow.

I rested until 5:30, when we started cooking dinner.  Suzette had thawed out ground beef for hamburgers and she peeled and diced russet potatoes.

I sliced four mushrooms and two shallots and five small cloves of garlic and de-stemmed and chopped about 1 T. of tarragon.

I then de-flowered a stalk of broccoli and 1/3 of a head of cauliflower and put them into the steamer with water to the bottom of the basket.

Willy called to see if I was okay and said he would come by at 8:30 so we made enough for his dinner also.  Suzette made three hamburgers and I sliced an onion into five ½ inch slices and Suzette grilled them.  I sliced two slices of blue cheese that Suzette put on the hamburgers when she flipped them.

While Suzette was grilling I steamed the vegetables and sautéed the mushrooms in 2 T. of butter and 1 T. of olive oil.   After the mushrooms and shallot softened and absorbed the oil and butter, I added about 2 T. of Amontillado sherry and reduced the heat.

Everything was ready at more or less the same time.  I poured me a glass of Cherry Blossom pinion Noir (Trader Joe’s $4.99, the least expensive decent Pinot noir in town) and fetched a Negra Modelo for Suzette.

We had a lovely dinner while we watched the news.


Suzette made a plate for Willy that he ate when he came at 8:30.

I went to bed at 9:30.

Where they operated hurts a bit and moving my face hurts because they stretched the skin to sew it together but not exceedingly so.  I am taking Tylenol to dull the pain.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment