Friday, July 13, 2018

July 12, 2018 Lunch – Tabouleh and Cucumber Salad Salad. Dinner – New Recipe Sautéed Caramelized Diced Port Loin and Fresh Pineapple with Spinach Couscous

July 12, 2018 Lunch – Tabouleh and Cucumber Salad Salad. Dinner – New Recipe   Sautéed Caramelized Diced Port Loin and Fresh Pineapple with Spinach Couscous

I ate some yogurt, Milk, blueberries, and granola and then road to Montano.

For lunch I made a salad with the fresh romaine, and topped it with tabouleh and cucumber salad and added the last dozen green cracked olives and two dolmas.  I also spread taramasalata on a piece of fullkorns bread and drank water.

I love the tabouleh and creamy cucumber salads I have been eating for lunch the last few days.



Caramelized Pork and Pineapple Sauté.

I worked until 6:00 and then peeled and sliced a pineapple.  Suzette came home  a bit after 6:00.  I suggested cooking the two thawed pork loin steaks with some pineapple and serve it with spinach Couscous.  Suzette took over cooking the pork dish and added brown sugar and chopped white onion to the melted butter to caramelize the pineapple as she sautéed it. The result was wonderful, a simple sauce that made a big flavor difference.




I sautéed chopped white onion in 3 T. of butter in a 2 quart sauce pan and added and lightly browned ¼ cup of white onion and then added 1 ½ cups of water and brought it to a boil .  I de-stemmed about 1 1/2 cups of spinach leaves and added them to the boiling water and then 1 cup of couscous.  Suzette turned down the heat and cooked the Couscous for two minutes and then let it stand for five minutes and we were ready to eat.



When I went to the garage before we began cooking I fetched a chilled bottle of 2016 Crayon rose from the Langedouc.  I poured glasses of it and Suzette spooned a pile of spinach Couscous into a pasta bowl and then spooned some of the Pork and Pineapple sauté onto it and we carried them to the table under the gazebo and ate our dinner.


I went back for the rest of the bottle of rose and Suzette’s phone and we made a reservation at Kachina Lodge in Taos for Saturday night.

After about ½ hour we returned to the house and I poured a sip of rum and made a cup of tea and ate three chocolate truffles for dessert.

Suzette ate the rest of the pork and pineapple instead of dessert.

We went to bed at 9:30.

Happily the Market regained all of its losses from yesterday.  Many American company’s profits seems to be humming along at a 20% rate of gain over last year, half of which is due to the tax cut.  That means the U.S. economy appears to be turning in another good year of activity.  So far the Market has discounted the ill effects of a trade war.

I still predict an 8% gain for this year for my portfolio, although I am starting to begin to accumulate some cash.

I sold 100 shares of Allegion yesterday. I should have waited until today because it went up over $1.00 per share today. I forgot the golden rule, “sell high, buy low.”.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment