Wednesday, July 18, 2018

July 17, 2018 into the doldrums Lunch – Vietnam 2000. Dinner – PPI Vietnam Bun Cha Gio

July 17, 2018 into the doldrums Lunch – Vietnam 2000. Dinner – PPI Vietnam Bun Cha Gio

It’s official. Our fridge is broken and has ceased cooling.  The big event of the day was moving all salvageable food to the fridge in the garage and a call to Kitchenaid for a factory trained repairman.  We scheduled a repair visit for the 24th.

I made a good breakfast with two eggs over easy with sautéed red onion and mushrooms and three slices of crisp bacon.

Then I rode to Rio Bravo and showered and dressed.

I invited Aaron to lunch.  He picked me up at 12:30 and we drove to Vietnam 2000.  When it gets unbearably warm my go to lunch is Bun Cha Gio, which is a large bowl with three layers of ingredients.  On the bottom are cool sliced fresh lettuce, mung beans, and herbs.  Above that is the largest layer of fresh boiled rice vermicelli and on top of the noodles are the fried ingredients of your choice.  I prefer fried egg rolls and grilled BBQ pork.  I love it.  You mix the ingredients as you dig through the layers with your chop sticks.

I took ½ of the dish home.

The milk had spoiled so I drove to Sprouts at 5:30 and bought milk, rockfish, Italian Sausages, Roma tomatoes, cherries, and chocolate covered peanuts.

Suzette went to dinner with her girls’ group, so I ate the rest of the Bun Cha Gio.

I then made the cafloutis with the cherries I marinated last week.  Unfortunately I cooked it at a little above 350 for over an hour and scorched the top.  It was probably because there was more liquid and the custard did not readily gel.

When Suzette came home we moved the rest of the stuff in the fridge to the garage fridge.  So, lots of dislocation and reduction of ingredients and a non-functioning fridge in the kitchen for another week at least.

After I covered the Clafoutis and put it in the garage fridge we went to bed.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment