Friday, July 13, 2018

July 13, 2018 Lunch – Tabouleh Greek Salad. Dinner- Composed Chicken Tandoori Salad

I slept until 7:15 this morning then watched the business news.  When Apple perked up after the open to $191.75.  As it started down I sold it at $191.65.  I fell below $191.00 but stayed in the range just below $191.50 most of the day as I checked it occasionally.  Finally I started watching it at 1:40 and decided to buy at 1:45.  Luckily I was able to buy it back at $191.44.  By the close it fell to $191.32.  I made another $500.00 on the trade, assuming it goes back above $191.44.

I ate granola, yogurt, milk, blueberries and a slice of pineapple for breakfast.  Then I rode to Rio Bravo.  When I returned I showered and dressed and watched the end of stage 7 of the Tour de France.

For lunch I could not resist making another tabouleh and cucumber salad salad.  Today I started with a bowl of romaine and added tabouleh and cucumber salad, plus a sliced pickled egg, a dozen kalamata olives, three dolmas,, a generous sprinkling of crumbled feta  and I spread taramasalata n a piece of fullkorns bread.

Tabouleh

After lunch I covered 1 cup of No. 2 bulgur with hot water for several hours.

I was busy today with a new client in the afternoon.

Then at 4:30 I started chopping a bunch of green onions, and 1 ½ bunches of parsley.  I then diced and added two tomatoes.

When Suzette arrived at 5:45 I stopped making the tabouleh.  I told Suzette, “I have no plan for dinner.”
She said, “Let me look.”  Soon Suzette found the beautiful Brandywine tomato we bought last Saturday at the Farmers’ Market.  She decided to fill an avocado half with chicken salad made with two thighs of tandoori chicken diced, three sliced radishes, ½ of a cucumber finely diced, and 1 green onion sliced and place that on ½ of a Brandywine tomato and drizzle the salad without lettuce with a Green Goddess dressing made with buttermilk mixed with a mashed avocado.

I drank a gin and tonic and a Suzette drank the last of the La Granja white blend of Viura and Verdejo (Trader Joe’s $5.99).

I was amazed what a Suzette could do with a tomato, two tandoori chicken thighs, and a couple of avocados.

After dinner I went to the garden and picked about temps stalks of fresh mint and chopped it and added i5 to the tabouleh, plus juice o& two lemons and about ½ cup of olive oil, while we watched the news.  It looks like a Mueller has proven Russia hacked the DNC’s servers and stole and released the Podestra and Clinton emails to hurt Hillary and help Trump.

The evidence is becoming inescapable..

Suzette had a Snickerdoodle and I ate some Halvah and a cup of tea and we went to bed a bit after 9:00.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment