Tuesday, July 10, 2018

July 10, 2018 Lunch – Tabouleh Salad. Dinner – Tandoori Chicken, Yogurt, Cucumber, Red Onion, Radish, and green olive Salad, an Couscous cooked with chard

July 10, 2018 Lunch – Tabouleh Salad. Dinner – Tandoori Chicken, Yogurt, Cucumber, Red Onion, Radish, and green olive Salad, an Couscous cooked with chard

I ate a slice of bagel with cream cheese, Lax, red onion and capers with a cup of mint tea for breakfast and then rode to Rio Bravo.

After showering I worked until lunch.  Peter Eller came by to watch France against Belgium.  I called him and asked him to bring a head of romaine lettuce.  When Peter showed up at around 11:45 he tore lettuce and we filled two pasta bowels with lettuce and the added four tablespoons of tabouleh, lots of crumbled feta cheese, some cucumber slices and nine green olives.  I cut a slice of fullkorns bread in half and we spread taramosalata on it.  I opened a bottle of 2017 St. Sagnol rose from Coteaux Varios de Provence and poured us glasses of it and we ate and drank and watched the match.  It was a spirited match that France won.  I opened a can of dolmas and serve us three each.  After the game I served us bowls of vanilla ice cream generously doused with Hershey’s Chocolate syrup.


After Peter left after lunch I napped until 3:45 and then watched some of Mad Money.

At 5:00 I became aware that the administration had announced its intention to start a trade war with China by imposing $200 billion in tariffs and saw that the futures market started dropping. I tried to sell some AAPL stock but could not because it had to be sold in a limit sale and no one would buy it.  I talked to Tom Crow, who told me, “You will need to sell it on the open.”  I left the sell order on until I went to bed and then cancelled it.  I wonder if there is a broker who can place a firm order that will fill in the after market?

When Suzette came home she wanted to use the chicken I had randomly purchased yesterday at El Super to make tandoori chicken.  She found a recipe with an extensive list of spices, but I suggested she short circuit that process by simply utilizing a tandoori spice blend I had.  She mixed it with yogurt and spread it on the six chicken thighs.

We decided to make a salad with cucumbers, red onion, radishes, and green olives plus olive oil, yogurt, and salt.

Suzette also wanted to make Couscous with chard.  She went to the garden and picked about 1 cup of chard and I removed the tough central vein from each leave.

After suzette baked the tandoori chicken in the oven for 45 minutes she then heated butter in a pot and sautéed the chard and the added 1 ½ cup water and heated that. When the water started boiling she stirred in 1 cup of Couscous.  She left the heat on for a minute and then turned off the heat and let the Couscous steam covered for five minutes and then we were ready to eat.



The finished Couscous



I made a cup of chai with Earl Grey tea and a packet of chai spices.  Suzette drank water.

The tandoori chicken was really good, as was the salad and the Couscous.  Willy came by after 8:00 and ate a plate of food and we watched Frontline on PBS.  Willy left and Suzette went to bed at 10:00.  I stayed up and watched Rachel Maddow and the Tour de France coverage and went to bed at 11:00 to blog and sleep.

I am amazed that after only eight rides on the bike the pain in my legs is subsiding and I no longer am suffering from the extreme nerve pain I had before my fall three weeks ago.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment