Monday, December 4, 2023

December 4, 2023 Breakfast - shrimp and Scallop in Lobster Sauce with rice and an egg. Lunch - Chili Relleno at La Cocina. Dinner - Shrimp with Couscous in a Cream Sauce.

December 4, 2023 Breakfast - shrimp and Scallop in Lobster Sauce with rice and an egg. Lunch - Chili Relleno at La Cocina. Dinner - Shrimp with Couscous in a Cream Sauce.


Another fun day of food and exercise.


It started with a heavenly breakfast of sautéing the leftover shrimp and scallop in Lobster sauce leftover from our lunch at East Ocean last Friday to which we added scallops and diced asparagus for dinner on Sunday .night.  I whisked an egg and added it to thicken the egg ingredient today. It was quite delicious because it retained the gelatinous characteristic of the dish.


Then I dressed and drove to 8th St. and walked the last 1 1/2 blocks to Bill Turner’s office and reviewed a closing at 10:30.


When I finished at noon I drove to El Super to shop for groceries.  I bought a pineapple, a papaya, four ataulfo mangos, three gala apples, cilantro, two small avocados, a bunch of radishes, broccoli, a bag of red chili, orange juice, onions, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, a lb. of large heads off shrimp, five smoked pork cutlets, corn chips, lemons, and a bunch of asparagus.


In the middle of shopping I became hungry and ate a chili Relleno plate with double beans and no rice with a bottle of Mexican Coca Cola with two flour tortillas.  I cut the chili Relleno in half and rolled it in one of the warmed flour tortillas with refried beans, cilantro, and chopped onions to make a burrito. After eating the first burrito I rolled the other half Relleno in the other flour tortilla, again with beans, onion, and cilantro and wrapped it in aluminum foil to take home.


I then finished shopping and drove home at 2:30.


As soon as I arrived a FedEx driver delivered the order of spirits and wine from Blackwell’s in San Francisco.  There were six bottles, two Kelt cognacs, a Genepy La Chamois herbal , a pecan rye whiskey, and two 2018 Schlumbrrger Pinot Gris French Alsace wines.


I ate one of the Gala apples as a snack and rested for a few minutes and at 3:40 walked the three blocks to Southwest Capital Bank and made a deposit.


I returned home in time to hear most of Ari Melber, The Beat.


I got hungry again at 5:15 so I toasted two thin slices of bagel and spread them with butter and goat cheese and ate them with a cup of tea.


Suzette arrived at 5:30 hungry.  I suggested we boil the shrimp. I said I wanted shrimp with turkey dressing and gravy. Suzette there was no gravy and the dressing might be spoiled.  We finally agreed that I would eat shrimp with PPI couscous and a cream sauce and Suzette would eat shrimp with the leftover Cashew Chicken with vegetables from our East Ocean lunch. Suzette helped prepare dinner.


We steamed the lb. of shrimp in the large Casserole in about 1 inch of a mixture of white Vermouth, a pressed clove of garlic, and water. While the shrimp were steaming I made a Beurre Marie, mixing 1 1/2 T. of butter and flour. Suzette removed the shrimp from the casserole and I ladled some of the steaming medium into the beurre marie and whisked it into a creamy consistency.  Then I added the cream base to the rest of the steaming medium in the casserole and stirred it over heat until it thickened. I added a dash of salt and white pepper to the sauce and Suzette minced some fresh parsley and added that to the cream sauce.  We then each shelled five shrimp and lay them over our respective dishes and poured sauce over the shrimp and heated couscous for me and the Cashew Chicken and rice for Suzette.


The entire meal was ready in about ten minutes.


                                              Suzette’s dinner


                                                  My dinner


Suzette poured out the last of the Gruner Vitliner for me and she sipped her scotch with the meal.


This was a wonderful meal.  I love seafood with rice or couscous in a cream sauce. Suzette loved the big shrimp and we have about a dozen left for dinner tomorrow.


We watched Rachel interview Liz Cheney and then the Monday Night Football game between Jacksonville and Cincinnati that proved to be quite exciting.  It was tied at the end of regulation after Trevor Lawrence was injured. The Bengals won in overtime, 34 to 31.


After dinner we shared the last piece of Pecan pie from Thanksgiving, Suzette with a sip of cognac and I with a cup of tea.


Later I drank a sip of the Genepy herbal liquor with another cup of tea


We then went to bed around 10:00.


The small increments of exercise and food during the day worked to make me feel better by the end of dinner.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment