Friday, December 1, 2023

December 1, 2023 Brunch - Fabada. Dinner - Leftover Shrimp and scallops in Lobster Sauce


Today’s meals were very Spanish.  I only ate two times with a glass of vermouth and tapa like snack in between, which was how we ate in Spain.


At 10:00 I finally became hungry and decided to eat the last of the Fabada Suzette had made last week with a pull apart roll Willy had made for Thanksgiving.


It was delicious. The garbanzo beans finally cooked until soft with the addition of some water to make more sauce.




Then I worked at my desk to pay taxes until 4:00 with a discussion with Billy and a letter I wrote for Rahiim and checking the Market.


The market was up today and my portfolio reached a 52 week high, rising 1%. So I was thrilled.


At 4:15 Suzette and I started watching the news.  The big news for me today was that the D.C. Court of Appeals issued an order denying Trump’s motion to dismiss civil plaintiffs claims suing Trump for the harm caused them by his actions on Jan. 6, by several law makers and Capitol policemen, including pain and suffering, based on executive immunity.


Similarly the judge in the federal Jan. 6 criminal case denied Trump’s motions to dismiss the federal criminal case relying on his First Amendment to speak and Presidential immunity.


Trump will appeal, but all those cases appear to be moving forward toward trial.


We drank glasses of Lustau red vermouth and I ate a container of Boursin cheese spread on Carr water biscuits with my vermouth.


Then at 8:00 we heated the leftover Shrimp in Lobster Sauce and fried rice with the addition of diced asparagus, two diced scallops, and green onion ringlets.





I drank green tea and Suzette drank the last of the dry Vouvray. This green tea was the whole leaf green tea given to me by YoYo and Marty, which is very subtle.


We watched the last episode of The Life of Our Planet and finally I watched a very exciting 4th quarter of the PAC 12 Championship between No. 3 Washington and No. 5  Oregon, which Washington won by 3 points.


Later I drank another cup of green tea with two cookies.


Tomorrow the rest of the top college teams play including Texas V. Oklahoma State.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment