Wednesday, December 6, 2023

December 6, 2023, Lunch - Chili Relleno Burrito. Dinner - Turkey Noodle Soup

December 6, 2023,  Lunch - Chili Relleno Burrito. Dinner - Turkey Noodle Soup 


I was up from 4:30 to 6:30 and slept until 8:00.


The plumbers came and were installing the for the bathroom plumbing, a shut off valve in the basement, and a water line for the new coffee maker.


There was no water so I dressed and make a cup of tea with the water in the tea kettle and toasted two slices of baguette that I buttered and garnished with slices of Iberico cheese.



I then paid property taxes and an insurance policy.


At 1:50 I heated the leftover chili Relleno from lunch at La Cocina on Monday and washed three radishes and put a handful of corn chips on a plate.  I drank a glass of yogurt drink for lunch.




Then at 2:30 I walked to the country club and back.


At 4:00 I started watching the news.


Suzette came home at 5:45 and we had a lively discussion about honesty and truthfulness, which seems to be in short supply these days.


The most interesting news of the night was Lawrence O’Donnel’s interview with Nancy Pelosi and Cassidy Hutchison, although Ari had a great interview with Liz Cheney.


I hope the truth about what happened on Jan. 6 and the planning and actions by Trump and his surrogates to create an insurrection to stop the peaceful transformation of power.


After a while Suzette suggested we eat the leftover Turkey noddle soup with its lovely portobello mushroom noodles.



We were unhappy by the news, so we watched a Hallmark movie and drank egg nog laced with rum and garnished with nutmeg in front of a blazing fire.





I felt better and watched a bit more news and blogged until 11:30.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment