Thursday, December 21, 2023

December 21, 2023 Lunch - O’Neill’s. Dinner - Posole and a Beef Tamale

 December 21, 2023 Lunch - O’Neill’s.  Dinner - Posole and a Beef Tamale 


I awakened at 7:30 and watched the Market take off again and a review of the new movie, “Ferrari”, on Morning Joe.


Suzette was still at home at 8::00 so I toasted two slices of bagel and spread them with cream cheese and garnished them with slices of red onion for me and  slices of lax and a tomato for both.


Unfortunately I got busy with a call and getting dressed and did not eat my bagel until 10:20.




Charlie came at 11:10 and I grabbed a bottle of Hermann Weimar Bio Riesling and a yellow pad and drove us to O’Neill’s on Central at Washington for our book club luncheon.




Everyone was in good spirits. I ordered a Rueben Sandwich with a small salad, Charlie ordered a Chicken Chili sandwich and most of the other five ordered Bankers and mash, which is several grilled sausages leaning on a pile of mashed potatoes with brown gravy covering both. We were seated in a cozy room that appeared to be the club room of the High Desert Pipes and Drums with a picture of the group winning a competition in Glasgow, Scotland in 1999.


The menu featured Scottish specialties like Shepard’s Pie and Bangers and Mash and there were lots of folks eating lunch.


After lunch we drove to Peter’s home for the meeting. The book was It was a cold and rainy night - Snoopy by Charles Schultz, but the discussion flowed through lots of topics with the main focus being the first sentence from famous novels. Peter read from a list of famous first sentences and the group would guess the author for a while.


We left at around 3:00 and I rested for a while and checked the Market and it regained about 1/2 of what it loss yesterday, so I was happy that we are not falling into the abyss again.


At 4:00 I opened the mail and found a check, so at 4:30 I walked the two blocks to the bank and deposited it.


As I walked home at 5:00 it was starting to get dark,so I enjoyed a walk at dusk on the shortest day of the year.


I had taken Tylenol and Collagen tablets at 4:00, so began to feel better by 5:30 when I returned home.










When I returned home Suzette was heating the pot of Posole and asked whether were tamales and I told her where to find them in the garage freezer.


She then heated a bowl of Posole covering a beef tamale.  I heated a flour tortilla but only ate 1/2 of it.




After dinner watched Alex Wagner and then a Christmas movie until 9:15.


Suzette decorated and I fetched wine from the basement and we even hammered a nail into the humber  4 on our porch wall that was missing a nail.


We went to bed at 10:30.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment