Sunday, December 10, 2023

December 10, 2023 Lunch - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with Lamb

December 10, 2023 Lunch - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with Lamb


I woke up at 6:45 and watched soccer and the news programs with a cup of tea and a pain au chocolates.


Then at noon we made pita pocket sandwiches.  I made tzatziki with 1/2 of a cucumber,lemon juice, a pressed garlic clove, a T. of minced mint, 1/2 of a minced shallot, and salt.


I also deboned and sliced two lamb chops which Suzette sautéed to heat.


Suzette diced 1/2 of a tomato and some romaine lettuce and I fetched the labni and feta cheese.


We cut pitas in half and heated each half in the toaster until it softened and then we filled each with sliced lamb, tzatziki, labni, feta, tomato, and lettuce. Suzette ate one and I ate two filled pita halves.




Then at 2:00 we drove to Costco to shop for The Center’s Santa’s Warehouse, where Suzette gives gifts to employees .


We went down every aisle and filled a basket to overflowing with over two hundred lb. of food and gifts.


We also bought an assortment of Belgium chocolates, eggs, butter, and cream for the house.


After shopping at 3:30 we were hungry so we ate a hot dog with a drink.


When we arrived home I watched the finish of the San Francisco v. Seattle game that San Francisco won. And went through old family photos with Suzette.


Then we watched house hunters and at 6:00 we started dinner. We decided to make rice with cranberries and shallot


I minced a shallot and Suzette rehydrated a handful of cranraisins in hot water.


I then sautéed the shallot, cranraisins, and a cup of rice in butter in a sauce pan.


When the ingredients had cooked a bit I added 2 cups of boiling water and covered the pot and cooked the rice on the lowest heat for 30 minutes.


Suzette de-stemmed a handful of snow peas that she added to the rice for the last five minutes of it cooking time to steam them.


She also sautéed two salmon filets and made tartare sauce for the salmon.


I went to the garage and fetched a bottle of Falerio white Italian wine.


Willy came over for dinner and we ate a lovely dinner of rice and salmon as we watched Dallas beat Philadelphia.



Later after Willy left Suzette and I enjoyed a glass of limoncello and later after Suzette went to bed at 9:30 I drank a cup of tea with several cookies.


I then blogged this entry.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment