Wednesday, December 27, 2023

December 26, 2023 Breakfast - Granola Lunch - Tabouli Salad Dinner - Tabouli Salad and French Onion Soup

December 26, 2023 Breakfast - Granola  Lunch - Tabouli Salad  Dinner - Tabouli Salad and French Onion Soup


I gained weight this Christmas so I started to reduce my intake today.


I ate granola with tropical fruit salad and yogurt for breakfast. Elaine sent me her recipe, so now I can make my own granola, 




I watched most of four matches of Boxing Say soccer until 2:30.


At 1:00 I made a big salad of romaine lettuce, pickles, radishes, red onion, and black olives. I toasted two halves of a pita and filled each with salad and slices of creamy feta to make two sandwiches and then ate the rest of the salad with water.



The major project was doing deeds to transfer oil and gas royalties from Mother’s Trust to Billy and me.


I worked on two during the day and then Billy helped me finish the other seven or eight between 7:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.


At 6:00 after Suzette returned from work, she made small Tabouli salads by laying a couple of spoonfuls of tabouli in an upturned romaine lettuce leaf and heated the French onion soup she made Sunday in Mother’s brown French onion soup bowls hopped with a croutons of ciabatta bread and slices of aged Gouda we received from her brother Jeff and his wife Kathy for Christmas.  The French onion soup was among the best I have ever tasted because Suzette added the mushrooms sautéed in sherry and chunks of grilled steak to the broth.


A rather busy day of work and a rather spartan but delicious diet.


I hope to lose some of the excess weight i gained this holiday by the time of my surgery, which is the other big news.  I received approval from my doctor for the surgery to replace my left hip today.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment