Thursday, December 7, 2023

December 7, 2023 Brunch - PPI Eggplant Parmesan with Spaghetti. Dinner - Grilled T Bone Steak with Roasted Creamer Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli and Hollandaise Sauce

December 7, 2023 Brunch - PPI Eggplant Parmesan with Spaghetti. Dinner - Grilled T Bone Steak with Roasted Creamer Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli and Hollandaise Sauce


I woke up at 6:30 and watched the news until 8:00. The market turned positive today, so I knew it would be a good day.


I had a glass of lemon water at 7:00 and then at 11:00 I heated the PPI Eggplant Parmesan with garlic bread with a glass of water.


Then at 3:00 ate two cookies and walked a mile around the inner loop that is the farthest I have walked in the last year. I had no pain but did not push the pace. 


When I returned at 4:00 I watched Ari on the Beat for the latest news.  The big news is a Texas District Court judge in Austin granting a woman the right to have an abortion because she was bearing a non-viable baby.


I had thawed out a steak in the morning.


When Suzette came home at 5:00, I filled a baking pan with quartered creamer potatoes, garlic cloves, and  and I filled the steamer with broccoli flowerets and water.


I then lay down to rest and napped until 6:15. Suzette baked the potatoes at 6:00.


When I returned to the kitchen I minced a shallot and made a hollandaise sauce using the Julia Child’s recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking. 6 T. of melted butter, a cold T. of butter,  1 T. of cold water, and 1 T. of lemon juice added to 3 whisked egg yolks and the 1/2 shallot, plus a dash of salt and white pepper and 1 T. of minced parsley.


Willy arrived at 6:30.


I combined the ingredients over low heat until the ingredients thickened while Willy and Suzette grilled the steak and steamed the broccoli.


Around 7:00 everything was ready. Willy and I sliced the steak while Suzette filled three plates with steamed broccoli and roasted and I opened a bottle of Malbec from Argentina and poured three glasses.








We enjoyed a lovely dinner.


We talked about Christmas plans for Billy and Elaine’s visit and we packed a bottle  with a bottle of white vermouth and an orange for his office Christmas gift exchange.


After Willy left we watched a rather exciting finish to the Pittsburgh v. New England Thursday night NFL match up. New England won by 3 points.


Suzette went to bed at 9;30 and I stayed up to blog.p, sip a cognac and drink a cup of tea.


Bon Appetit







It 


No comments:

Post a Comment