Tuesday, December 19, 2023

December 19, 2023 Breakfast - Gravad Lax on dinner roll with cream cheese, red onion slices and capers. Lunch - Posole. Dinner - PPI Seafood Newburgh with PPI Steamed Broccoli

December 19, 2023 Breakfast - Gravad Lax on dinner roll with cream cheese, red onion slices and capers. Lunch - Posole. Dinner - PPI Seafood Newburgh with PPI Steamed Broccoli


I ate a lot of food today and walked a lot of steps.


At 7:30 I drank a cup of tea and ate a heated Pain au Chocolate.


Then we drove to Anna Kaseman where Suzette had an appointment and I got a chest x-Ray to complete my pre-op checklist.


On our way back home we stopped at the Mediterranean grocery at San Pedro and Montgomery where I bought Labni, a dozen pitas, and No. 2 Bulgar wheat for tabouli.


When we arrived home around 9:30 Suzette drove to Los Lunas and I made breakfast of Gravad Lax on dinner roll with cream cheese, red onion slices and capers with another cup of tea.


At 1:30 I filled a plastic container with Posole and stored it in the fridge in the garage and heated a large bowl of Posole with diced red onion, oregano, and lime juice and toasted a large flour tortilla for lunch.




At 2:00 the market at a new all time high of the Dow and my portfolio went up another .8%. I have now regained 92% of the loss I suffered in the major drop in prices last year and thus am within 8% of my all time high even after taking two large RMD’s and panicking and selling several stocks when the market hit bottom last year that would amount to more than the 8% difference.


So I am a happy camper financially and shall be content with the health of my portfolio as my Christmas gift to myself.


I talked to Willy today and he also is thrilled with the growth of his portfolio. I am happy he likes to play the stock market because it will make him financially secure for the rest of his life if he learns how to assess the quality of companies and when to buy and sell, as he seems to be doing.


Willy has given me a couple of stock suggestions lately that have done very well, so I think he is spot on in his stock picking, even though everything seems to be going up in the current market.


I worked until 3:00 when I lay down for a 30 minute nap. Then at 4:00 I walked to the country club and back.  I was able to walk without pain and felt stronger today, thanks probably to the massive amount of carbs I ate for lunch and the nap.


I watched the news when I returned at 5:00 and was thrilled to see that the Colorado Supreme Court rendered an opinion today denying Trump the right to stand for election in Colorado based upon Section 3 of the 14th Amendment that prohibits anyone form serving in office of the US government who previously swore allegiance to the US Constitutional and then supported an insurrection of the US or gave aid and comfort to our enemies.  


If it is proven that     Trump gave the CIA binder on Russian interference to the Russians, he probably is disqualified on both grounds, but he surely supported an insurrection.


It is now up to the US Supreme Court to decide if Trump has immunity from prosecution and is prohibited from serving as President.


The U.S.’ democratic form of government may well rest on their decision.


I meditated at 5:30 and at 6:00 when it ended Suzette had heated some of the leftover Seafood Newburgh Melissa made Sunday and gave us and some PPI steamed broccoli.


I wanted a good wine with dinner so I opened a chilled bottle of Hermann Weimar H W Vineyard Riesling that was superb and perfect with the creamy seafood dish.  I seafood Newburgh was a bit too picante for me so we added several spoonfuls of sour cream to increase its creaminess and decrease its piquantness.


We loved dinner and as a special treat Finding Your Roots was shown on PBS at 7:00 so we watched it as we sipped the last of the riesling.


I later ate a bowl of spumoni with the last of the sliced strawberries.


We did a few Christmas things and Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up to blog and watch front line describe the history of Israel and Palestinian politics.  It was no surprise that the Israeli have treated the Palestinians badly for a long time, including depriving them of their own nation with full sovereignty. 


At 12:00 I went to bed after noting that I walked 5000 steps today.


Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment