Monday, December 11, 2023

December 11, 2023 Brunch Gravad Lax on bagel, Lunch - Sashimi with sushi. Dinner - Spaghetti with Scampi, zucchini, onion, and tomat




 

I awakened at 7:30 and watched the market go down. Then I read more of the CFTC regulation until I realized it did not apply to Earn.  I also worked a bit on two other cases.


At 11:00 I got hungry so i stopped the cure of the two salmon fillets by cleaning them and packing them after I sliced five slices for breakfast.


I toasted two slices of bagel, spread cream cheese on both and garnished both with red onion and Gravad lax slices.


I worked until 1:30. Then I made lunch by slicing the two small pieces of salmon and remaining 1/2 of the tuna steak plus three radishes and 1/3 cucumber and heated the leftover sushi rice from yesterday’s lunch and ate sashimi watched the market close at 2:00.




At  2:30 I checked the market result and was down .76%.  My thought is if we are going to have a drop in the market, it should happen at the end of the year so the set point for my 2024 Required Minimum Distributions will be lower.


Then Luke called and we talked until 4:00 when Suzette arrived and I tried to walk. But it was cold and my left hip was hurting, so I only lasted 1 block and back.


When I returned Suzette was hungry so we started dinner.  Suzette put on a pot of water to boil to cook some spaghetti, while I sliced three zucchini, a onion, four cloves of garlic, and two .


Suzette the sautéed the onion, garlic, and zucchini in olive oil and opened a bottle of French Palantir Sauvignon Blanc to douse the vegetables after she added the peeled shrimp.  When everything was ready Suzette twirled several forks full of the pasta into a mountain with a fork and covered it with some of the vegetable and scampi sauce and grated Parmesan cheese and then heated each plate in the microwave. While she did the plating I sliced thin slices of Pecorino-Romano cheese. 






We watched the Antique Roadshow during and after diner and at 8:00 a Hallmark Christmas movie.


Later Suzette made lovely parfaits with sliced strawberries, crushed pecans, vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.


I got bored by the Hallmark movie and lay down to read at 8:50 but fell asleep until almost 10:00 when Suzette went to bed.


I returned to bed to blog and read.


Jack Smith did an incredibly clever thing today to hasten the Jan. 6th trial, he motioned the Supreme Court take up the appeal by Trump regarding Trump’s claim of executive immunity and double jeopardy that Trump appealed to the DC Appeals Court on Friday.  This will short circuit any further delay in the case, if the Supreme Court rules quickly. It appears that the Supreme Court is moving fast because it granted the motion and told Trump to file a brief on the issues by next week.


Bon Appetit


 

No comments:

Post a Comment