Friday, December 15, 2023

December 15, 2023 Brunch - Sausage, rice, onion, and egg stir fry Early Dinner - Pita Sandwiches, pickles, radishes, and green onions

December 15, 2023 Brunch - Sausage, rice, onion, and egg stir fry  Early Dinner - Pita Sandwiches, pickles, radishes, and green onions 


I woke up at 6:45 and dressed and went to my vascular appointment at 8:00.  I returned home at 9:15 and decided to make brunch.  I made one of my favorite dishes, a stir fry of sausage, onion, egg, and rice. It is a combination of fried rice and egg foo young.



I walked a mile after brunch at 12:30. When I returned home I watched the market close. Today the market reached new highs, but did so in a very restrained manner.  My portfolio only rose .36%, but a gain is  good news.


After the Market closed I worked  at my desk until 4:00, spending a goodly portion of the afternoon reviewing and discussing the sale of an interest in a property Mother gave Rebecca, Luke, and Willy during her life.


At 4:00 I made two pita sandwiches for an early dinner.  I sliced the last cooked lamb chop and cut a pita in half and heated each half until they softened. I then filled  each half with slices of lamb and tomato, plus labni, tzatziki, and lettuce. I filled a plate with the sandwiches, plus three pickles, tomato slices, two radishes and two green onions.  I drank water with the meal.



We did not fix dinner tonight.  Suzette mixed crema with the meat of a large avocado and ate it with corn chips.


I napped from 5:30 until 7:30 and then I drank a cup of egg nog with rum and grated nutmeg. We then watched the new Julia Roberts movie, “Leave the World Behind”.


During it I ate a pain au chocolate with a cup of chai and Suzette ate a couple of cookies.


It was a weird but very satisfying day of food.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment