Monday, December 25, 2023

December 25, 2023 Christmas Dinner at Amy and Vahl’s

 December 25, 2023 Christmas Dinner at Amy and Vahl’s


It was a wonderful day.


Elaine and Suzette started with tropical fruit salad yogurt and then a Christmas cookie. I started with Christmas cookies and tea.


Then at 10:00 we all sat in the living room and exchanged gifts. Willy gave Suzette and me Ugh slippers. Suzette gave me a new robe in Royal Blue. 


Billy and Elaine gave Willy and me a book titled  You will die of Heat First by Cordell.  I gave Billy a bottle of Kelt cognac both of them wine shampoo and  conditioner and Willy and Luke gave Suzette an Opal ring, to name a few. 


Then we got ready for Christmas Dinner in Santa Fe.  Willy gathered up the luminarias to recycle next year. 


We left for Santa Fe at 12:15 after we spoke to Luke and wished him happy holidays. 


When we arrived all the members of Vahl and Craig’s and Vahl’s family were there, except for Vahl’s son Josh who lives in Alaska and Luke in New York. 








Amy had put out a great spread. Ham, beef tenderloin, a lovely apple salad, lots of desserts , including brownies, Christmas cookies, key lime pie, and a Chocolate Maven peach pie, plus red and green chili enchiladas, beans, pork tamales, and red chili.


I took red enchiladas, a tamale, beans, apple salad, and tenderloin with a glass of Lemulson’s Theo’s Vineyard Pinot Noir.






I enjoyed talking to Craig Sr. about his deals and corporate clients. Then I spoke to Leo about Hispanic history and water rights.


We then gave out gifts.  Suzette had a big bag of gifts and gave almost everyone a gift. 


I had given Deanne a bottle of Pinot Gris, Vahl a bottle of De Ponte 2017 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir, and Amy a bottle of Herman Weimar rose. 


We took a group picture and then I ate a slice of peach pie and we left at around 5:30 after a pleasant afternoon.


Willy drove us home.  When I got home I watched a monster mMonday Night Football match between two 11-3 teams, the Baltimore Ravens v. San Francisco 49’ers.


I made a ham, red onion, and Gouda quesadilla with pickles and washed them down with a bottle of beer and then a few Christmas cookies.




It’s the season to eat and drink a lot.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment