Thursday, January 6, 2022

January 5, 2022 Breakfast - Breakfast Burritos with Sausage. Lunch - Posole with a tamale. Dinner - French Onion Soup

January 5, 2022 Breakfast - Breakfast Burritos with Sausage.  Lunch - Posole with a tamale.  Dinner - French Onion Soup


The best meal of the day was breakfast.  We made breakfast burritos with diced onion, potato, and pork sausage, and eggs sautéed and then rolled into a large flour tortilla.


We bought large burrito sized tortillas that filled the plate and held a generous serving of food. It was a great meal.




Suzette drank Clamato juice and I drank a cup of green tea.


I checked the market at 2:00 and experienced my worst day ever, a drop of almost 3%, due in large measure to the hawkish notes published by the fed.  I kicked myself for putting my position in Nvidia and Apple on two days before this huge drop.


We ate lunch after 2:00. I ate ate some PPI Posole with one of the tamales Loyda and Jody made and gave us. Suzette ate the container of PPI turmeric rice and her artichoke tapa.


I meditated from 5:30 to 6:00.


We were not hungry but when Willy called and said he needed to do some laundry and then go to Trader Joe’s after 6:00 I invited him over for a bowl of French Onion Soup.


I fetched three onion soup bowls, heated the soup on the stove, pre-heated the stove to 350 degrees, toasted and buttered slices of baguette, and sliced slices of Gouda cheese.


When Willy arrived and the soup came to a boil Suzette filled the bowls it’s soup placed the bread croutons on the top of the soup and than covered the bread slices with slices of cheese.  She then placed the bowls in the oven to melt the cheese and then served them.  




We opened a bottle of Malbec and enjoyed it with the soup.


After we ate Willy and I went to Trader Joe’s and I bought 12 bottles of wine, a bottle of cognac for Suzette, a wedge of Iberico cheese and 9 lb.  bars of chocolate for Suzette’s baker at the Center.


When we returned home at 8:30 I watched the news until 11:00 and went to bed.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment