Monday, January 3, 2022

January 3, 2022. Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 31. Dinner - PPI Artichoke heart Tapa and Baked Rigatoni.

 January 3, 2022. Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 31. Dinner - PPI Artichoke heart Tapa and Baked Rigatoni. 


Every day is a good day if you see it as such.  Today was a good day.


I awakened at 7:30 and worked a bit and then ate a bowl of granola with milk and yogurt at 9:30.


Then at 11:00 I did an hour of yoga with Avery.


I stayed and discussed home buying issues until 12:45 and then picked up a take out No. 31 at 2000 Vietnam and drove home and ate it as the market closed.  


                No. 31 after adding additional bits of romaine lettuce and cilantro leaves 




It was a good day in the market even though I have sold several of my winners.  My portfolio increased by .5%. My portfolio gained 21% last year, which made me very happy.


I then worked until 3:30 and as Suzette was arriving I drove to the post office and bank.


When I returned I took a nap until 5:15 when Suzette awakened me to prepare dinner.  As it turned out there was no real prep for dinner because we simply re-heated the leftovers from two prior dinners, the Artichoke Heart, pimiento, green pea, saffron, ham and chorizo tapa from two nights ago and the Baked Rigatoni from last night.


The only thing I needed to do was go to the basement and fetch a bottle of red wine.  I picked four bottles but the one I selected for dinner was a 2013 Tuella, a Portuguese red from the Douro Valley.  It contains many of the grape varieties used in port, but it is fully fermented into a rich red berry flavored blend (Trader Joe’s).



After dinner I toasted three slices of French baguette, buttered them and lay slices of Gouda on two and St. Agar, a French soft blue cheese, on the other and ate them with sips of wine. The blue cheese was particularly delicious with the complex wine. The reviews indicate it is a top selling blue cheese in France.


Later I made a cup of tea and ate a chocolate chip cookie with it.  We watched two episodes of Antique Roadshow and then I watched a two hour American Experience episode on the creation of the Everglades National Park, which was the first National Park created to preserve a bio-diverse ecosystem in 1947.


Suzette started dozing at 8:00 but we officially went to bed at 11:00.


Bon Appetit 





No comments:

Post a Comment