Thursday, January 20, 2022

January 20, 2022 Lunch - PPI Ragu Dinner - Steamed Chicken Thighs with PPI Tomato Couscous and Steamed Broccoli

January 20, 2022 Lunch - PPI Ragu  Dinner - Steamed Chicken Thighs with PPI Tomato Couscous and Steamed Broccoli


I woke up at 7:20, just in time to watch the market opening.  Today everything went up 1.7% until 12:30 and then collapsed again ending down another 1.7%.  A very dispiriting day in the market.


Other things went well.  I got two summons issued in my new case and took them to the Sheriff’s Office for service.


I also got a positive response from the Court of Appeals on my appeal.  I need to brief the case now.


I ate granola, yogurt, milk, and blueberries for breakfast at 9:30.


Then at 1:00 I ate the last of the Ragu  I loved all the mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and olives mixed in the spaghetti sauce with bits of Italian sausage.  I drank water and brought in a six pack of chicken thighs to thaw for



When I returned from the bank at 4:20 Suzette was at home.  I drank a glass of water and ate two small open faced sandwiches with ham loaf and three green olives as we watched Ari Melber.


Then from 5:00 until 5:30 I meditated.


Suzette wanted to cook the chicken thighs in the steaming oven. She ground garlic, dried tarragon and a pinch of dried lavender in a coffee grinder and smeared some under the skin of each thigh and cooked them per the instructions for cooking in the steaming oven.







I thought the thighs would cook into a soggy wet mess but they all cooked to a golden brown crisp exterior.


Suzette heated the PPI Tomato Couscous and I cut the flowerets from a stalk of Broccoli  and we steamed them with the carafe of Hollandaise sauce.  


I opened a bottle of Sparkling Champanlou Chenin Blanc from Vouvray. It was a little fruitier and a little tart, but very drinkable.





We finished the bottle of Vouvray as we watched Midsomer Mystery.


We went to bed at 9:30.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment