Monday, January 17, 2022

January 17, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 31 Dinner - Baked Pasta Ragu with Steamed Broccoli and Garlic Bread

January 17, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 31   Dinner - Baked Pasta Ragu with Steamed Broccoli and Garlic Bread


I awakened at 8:00 and read Entangled Life and then at 9:30 showered and dressed.


I ate a bowl,of granola, milk, yogurt, and fruit Salad and at 10:30 drove to yoga session.  I seemed to be making progress today opening up my shoulder joints and hip joints and much of the pain has subsided, so I am going to stick with it.


After yoga at 12:15 I called in a take out order for my favorite dish at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, No. 31 at 2000 Vietnam.  It includes three layers, a cold layer on bottom of mung bean sprouts, lettuce, cucumber slices, and herbs; in the middle is a layer of steamed rice vermicelli, and the top layer is two Vietnamese fried egg rolls and a pile of marinated grilled pork. It is served with fish sauce and sriracha.  I love the dish, especially in warm weather.


I put it in the car and drove to Sprouts to shop.  I bought pearl onions, a bulb of celeriac, yogurt, milk, fresh salmon, tuna, and scallops and 4 small avocados.


I then drove home and heated the No, 31 in the microwave for 1:11 at a power of 8 to re-heat the dish.  I added pieces of romaine lettuce and cilantro leaves and   I drank water with the meal.



After lunch I worked until 3:30 and then read and napped until 5:15.


Suzette soon arrived and we discussed dinner and decided to re-heat the baked pasta ragu.  I called Willy to tell him the menu since I had mentioned salmon earlier and he was okay with the menu change.


At 6:45 I went to the garage and fetched the PPI Ragu and a bag of broccoli.  I cut a head of broccoli into bite sized pieces off the thick stem and put them in steamer with water and steamed them for 8 minutes, while I sliced two cloves of garlic into flat rounds and sautéed them in a skillet with 2 T. of olive oil and 1 T. of butter and added about ten small slices of French baguette and sautéed the bread until it was browned and saturated with garlic oil.


Meanwhile, Suzette heated the Pyrex dish of Ragu in the microwave.


I fetched the open bottles of Gabbiani Chianti Riserva and Rivera Tempranillo Reserva and poured three glasses of Chianti.


Willy arrived precisely at 7:00 as he usually does as Suzette was plating pasta bowls with spoonfuls of heated Ragu and steamed broccoli.  I wrapped the garlic bread in paper towels and a large napkin to keep it warm and Willy served it.




We enjoyed dinner.  Suzette has perfected this dish.  I think the secret if there is one is the addition of marsacapone that with the spaghetti sauce binds the ingredients into a homogenous creamy texture.


After dinner Willy left and we watched the Antiques Roadshow until 9:00 and then I watched drank a cup of tea and ate the last chocolate chip cookie as I watched The Last Word and the Black Church documentary until 10:00.


Suzette slept and I blogged this blog entry and read a little mote Entangled Life.


Tomorrow I shall marinate the salmon in teriyaki sauce for dinner and eat sashimi for lunch.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment