Monday, January 31, 2022

January 31, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam Bahn with Egg rolls and Marinated grilled Pork. Dinner - Charcuterie and Cheese and bread

January 31, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam Bahn with Egg rolls and Marinated grilled Pork. Dinner - Charcuterie and Cheese and bread


Another sleep in until after 8:00 which worked out perfectly.


At 9:00 I ate a bagel with cream cheese, Gravad lax, red onion slices and capers.


I then worked until 10:00 and then got ready to go to yoga at 10:45.


Yoga was great today.  I feel like I am beginning to feel better and increase my flexibility.


After yoga I ordered and drove to the bank and then to 2000 Vietnam and picked the two orders of lunch for Todd and my lunch.


I then drove to the bank and opened a new account and moved money to Marty and my accounts from the note payments we were due from a transaction we were involved in with Aaron.


That took 1 1/2 hours , so I did not get home until after 2:00.


I had been monitoring the market and had seen that the market was up again today.  When I checked when I arrived home I saw that the NASDAQ was up 469 points, the Dow was up 406 points and Apple was up $4.45.; a second stellar day in the market in a row.  The increase in the portfolios was 3.8% today, the best day I have ever experienced in the market. The last two days had erased 37% of the loss I experienced in the early part of January.  Said differently, my gain for 2021 was 21.4% and my gain from the beginning 2021 as of today is 12%. So I have regained some but not all of the gain from the beginning of 2021.


When we opened our boxes from 2000 Vietnam we discovered that the restaurant had mistaken my order and given us a dish of patted rice sheets with egg rolls and grilled marinated pork; Bahn.  So I fetched the lettuce from the garage and the bunch of cilantro from the fridge and asked Todd to go get the romaine lettuce from the garage.


Todd and I enjoyed dipping the pork and egg rolls and pads of patted rice noodles into the fish sauce and then wrapping them in lettuce leaves.


We did not finish lunch until almost 4:00.


I retired to my bed and watched the news and dozed.  It appears that Trump was at his rabble rousing worst this last weekend at a rally in Conroe, Texas, calling for riots if he is indicted and that Mike Pence could have reversed the 2020 election results. Spewing racist hate and rebellion.


Suzette came home at 5:30 and wanted a glass of Wine.  She had picked a bottle of 2016 Confidential from the Lisbon region of Portugal rated 90 points that we bought at Costco.p for $10 to $12.00.


It was a lovely fruity wine with less tannins that many wines we drink.  After I tasted it, I took a glass and then agreed with Suzette to eat bread, charcuterie and cheese for dinner.  We opened the package of charcuterie we had bought at Costco and I placed seven or eight cheeses on a cutting board, including, Iberico, mimolet, St. Mary’s bloom ripened, Boursin, Arum blue from France, Point Reyes Blue from California, and the last bit of Raclette.


Suzette also wanted lax so I sliced tree slices of Gravad lax.







We poured glasses of Confidential and nibbled salami, ham, prosciutto, lax, and cheese on bread and without bread for dinner.


We watched the Antiques Roadshow until 9:00.p during which Suzette made us coffee ice cream sundaes, ice cream, chocolate syrup, whipped cream with a maraschino cherry on top.


At 9:00 Suzette went to bed and I stayed up until 11:00 watching the news and talking to Todd.


Then I blogged and went to bed after midnight.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment