Sunday, January 9, 2022

January 9, 2022 Lunch - Mushroom and Iberico cheese Omelet with toast. Dinner - Grilled Ribeye steak with Spaghetti, mushrooms, and creamed spinach

January 9, 2022 Lunch - Mushroom and Iberico cheese Omelet with toast. Dinner - Grilled Ribeye steak with Spaghetti, mushrooms, and creamed spinach


I awakened at 7:15 and made a cup of chai.  Lynne and Todd were already up and had probably run ten miles. 


I watched the news programs and Suzette awakened at 9:00.


Todd and Lynne went for walk and then Lynne went to visit a friend.


At 10:00 Suzette made a Mushroom and Iberico cheese omelet and I toasted four pieces of French baguette, and buttered them and spread them with orange marmalade.




I talked to Luke and Luke discovered that the reason my card to my cousin, Dharma Damama Kaur/Elizabeth Simon was returned as undelivered was that she died in November 2020.  It really hit me hard that my best friend died on January 6 and I discovered my cousin died on January 9. Quite a week to view the mortality of those you felt close to.


After breakfast I read and napped until 1:30 and then drove to the Petroglyphs National Monument for a hike.  I was lucky to have taken four sugar pills because my hip went out at around the .75 mile point and I had to shuffle back the return .75 miles. The 1.5 mile walk took 2 1/2 hours.


I think I used a lot of energy because my hip twisted on me and a shuffled rather than walked straight.  


Anyway I made it back at 4:15 and Suzette drove me home. I made a cup of chai with a tsp. of sugar and ate a bunch of pita chips spread with Tarmosalsta.  I watched the football games until 5:30 and then the news.  We had thawed out a rib eye steak and we decided to grill it and serve it with sautéed spaghetti, mushrooms, onion, spinach and cream for a one dish dinner.


I sliced about seven or eight portobello mushrooms, 1/3 of a small onion, and three cloves of garlic.  Suzette the destemmed 2 cups of spinach leaves and sautéed the onion, garlic, and mushrooms in butter and olive oil and then added several T. of sherry and 1 1/2 cups of cooked spaghetti.  After all the ingredients were cooked Suzette added heavy cream and sautéed all the ingredients until the cream thickened into a sauce.





While I watched the sauté skillet Suzette grilled the steak.  When it was cooked Suzette brought it in and I sliced it into strips.  


Suzette then filled pasta bowls withe the spaghetti mixture and I placed strips of medium to medium rare steak on my pile of Spaghetti and Suzette selected her medium rare to rare slices.




I also fetched a bottle of 2018 Edict Pinot Noir from Anderson Valley ($47.99 less 50% at Total Wine).





It was fabulous and made me remember why I liked Anderson Valley Pinots.  It was smooth on the front and had a pleasing slightly fennel finish.


I find a dinner of steak and spaghetti the perfect meal to help me recover from exertion. I was weakened by the walk but my condition was not triggered, so we will need to wait a day to see if I gain or lose strength from today’s walk.


After dinner I ate several oz. of a Swedish milk chocolate with hazelnut candy bar with the last of the Pinot and then another cup of chai.


At 6:00 we watched 60 Minutes, at 7:00;p we watched Around the World in 80 days, at 8:00 the first episode in a new season of All Creatures Great and Small, and at 9:00 we watched Vienna Blood.


At 10:00 we went to bed; Suzette to sleep and I to blog and read.


Suzette and I agreed, it was a good day.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment