Tuesday, January 25, 2022

January 25, 2022 Lunch - Miso Noodle Soup, Dinner - Roast Duck Confit with Roasted Vegetables

January 25, 2022 Lunch - Miso Noodle Soup,  Dinner - Roast Duck Confit with Roasted Vegetables

Another amazingly interesting day.  I slept until 8:00.


When I got moving Suzette had left so when up I saw that the new photo of me in 1985 the Chews gave me had fallen on the floor I carefully put by right knee down on the floor and picked it up and my right hip popped back into alignment.  I was thrilled. I could walk without pain.




At 10:30 I made a pot of miso noodles with rice vermicelli, wheat noodles, and bean thread noodles, plus dehydrated dashi, red miso, two fish balls, several pieces of salmon, a small amount of celery leaves, spinach, and thinly sliced mushrooms.


I ate 1 1/2 bowls, being careful to not eat too much liquid, so as to trigger diarrhea by my active gut enzymes.


At 3:00 I walked 2/3 mile and felt fine, which is a miracle because yesterday when my hip was out I could not walk a block without pain.


Then I drove  to the. Library to pick up next month’s book club selection and then to Lowe’s where I bought Brussels sprouts, a bunch of cilantro, two onions, and some green beans.


I returned home at 4:20 and made guacamole with the three ripe avocados we had plus some minced onion, two cloves of garlic pressed, some of the fresh cilantro chopped finely, four drops of green Cholula hot sauce, and a dash of salt.


I then started peeling and chopping, onions, a rutabaga, a carrot, two potatoes, and the bag of Brussels sprouts I had just purchased.  I added about seven or eight cloves of garlic and sprigs of Rosemary and tossed all the vegetables with olive oil and covered the dish and roasted the vegetables in a 325 degree oven starting at. 6:05.


Suzette arrived at 6:15 and we sat and enjoyed a drink together and the she defrosted the two duck confit halves and the roasted them in the oven with the vegetables after raising the temperature to 350 degrees for an additional 50 minutes.


I looked for a Cotes Du Rhone, but selected a bottle of 2011 Origon Gran Reserva from Spain’s Terra Alta region because it had the same grapes as a Southern Rhone, Syrah and Grenache.


At 7:00 Willy arrived and ate some of the guacamole and then joined us for dinner.  Suzette and I shared 1/2 duck confit and Willy ate the Boeuf Bourguignon and mashed potatoes and celeriac from Sunday.



I showed Willy the 28 by 36 inch Tom Noble watercolor I bought and the chairs  and he liked them, which made me happy.  





After he left we watched some TV and then I sipped a bit of Calvados with the last three Christmas Belgium candies.


At 10:30 I made a cup of champions and blogged this entry.


 It was another terrible day in the market.  I can only hope something the Fed notes says tomorrow will change the negative trend in the market.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment