Friday, January 21, 2022

January 21, 2022 Lunch - Ham Salad Salad. Dinner - Oysters and Ham, Bean, and Macaroni Soup

January 21, 2022  Lunch - Ham Salad Salad. Dinner - Oysters and Ham, Bean, and Macaroni Soup


This was another terrible day in the market with another 1.74% loss.  My gain from last year has been reduced from 21% to 5.55% with no bottom in sight.


This is starting to look like 2008.  The market has reached the low of March 2020 and still seems to be dropping with no decrease in Omicron infections, supply chain disruptions, or inflation.


At some point these three factors will reverse and the market will go back up again, but that turn fours not seem to be in sight at the moment.


I started working on my brief in chief for the appeal early this morning and again when I awakened at 7:45. At 10:30 I ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and fruit salad.


Then at 1:30 I made a ham salad salad with a bowl of gourmet greens, a cubed tomato, 1/4 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, and sliced, yellow onion slices, green olives, and a couple of spoonfuls of the lovely ham salad Suzette made from the baked sliced ham, eggs, celery, pickle relish, and a small jar of honey mustard, Don and Bev gave us.


I refreshed the Cesar salad dressing by adding a whisked egg, juice of 1/2 lemon, and 1/4 cup of olive oil and whisking it into a suspended solution.


I also toasted two slices of French baguette and laid slices of Gouda cheese on them.  I drank water.


Suzette arrived as was finishing the salad around 2:30.


I prepared two documents for a client after lunch and at 4:30 walked about 1/2 mile as the sun was dropping behind the trees in Kit Carson Park.


When I arrived Suzette had returned from Whole Foods with 24 shucked oysters, a dozen white oysters from Massachusetts and a dozen Kusshi oysters from the Pacific.


Suzette also bought a bottle of horseradish and a plastic container of Parmesan crisps made from 100% Parmesan cheese.


While I was fetching my I Pad, Suzette made a cocktail sauce with lemon juice, catsup, and horseradish.


We liked both types of oysters.  Suzette thought the whites had a slightly more spicy peppery taste and both of us agreed that the smaller Kusshi had a richer buttery flavor that we both liked.


I opened a bottle of De Pointe Melon du Bourgogne white wine.  I loved its elegant austere refined flavor but Suzette said up it tasted rather bland.


Suzette then fetched the pot of Ham, Bean, and Macaroni Soup from the garage and heated it and we each ate a bowl of soup for a lovely ending to the meal.  I thought the flavors of the ingredients had blended to the point that they were fully integrated.


Suzette loved the wine with the soup.


Later I cut a 1 1/2 inch slice from the decadent chocolate and white mousse cake in the garage and split it with Suzette and we both added some of the whipped cream she made Tuesday evening.  I drank the las sip of the XO Armagnac Marty and YoYo gave us with a cup of chai.


At 8:30 we watched two episodes from the second season of Emily in Paris on Netflix and the went to bed.


Bon Appetit







No comments:

Post a Comment