Sunday, January 16, 2022

January 16, 2022 Lunch - Crab, Corn, and Spinach Soup with corn bread. Dinner - Mushroom, Ham, and Cheese Omelet

January 16, 2022 Lunch - Crab, Corn, and Spinach Soup with corn bread. Dinner - Mushroom, Ham, and Cheese Omelet

Today was lovely.  I awakened at 7:30 and watched the news and the a bit of soccer.


At 10:00 I got dressed and at 11:15 we drove to the Art Museum and viewed the Indigo Exhibit. Talking about well dressed, I felt perfectly dressed in my new pair of indigo dyed cotton Levi’s.


The exhibit was comprehensive by regional objects and information regarding techniques of growing and producing indigo.


Suzette was ready to sign up for a course and ordered an indigo dying kit in the Museum Store.


I liked the Rio Grande and Navajo blankets, as well as many of the weavings from Nigeria, Japan, and India.


After the exhibit we decided to eat the rest of the crab soup, but we wanted to add some corn and spinach, so we drove to Lowe’s where Suzette bought eggs, a bunch of spinach, and a bag of frozen white corn kernels.


When we returned home we fetched a bottle of Kirtland 2020 Friuli Pinot Grigio from the fridge.  Suzette heated the PPI crab soup and added 1/2 lb. of the corn kernels and I destemmed and Suzette added about 1/2 cup of spinach leaves.


I opened and poured glasses of Friuli, which instantly became  one of my favorite whites





The soup was amazing.  It was the best crab soup I have eaten in a long time, perhaps because it contained so much fresh crab.



Suzette heated a slice of PPI cornbread for me and I sliced it in half and buttered and squeezed a layer of honey onto each half.


After lunch I lay down for a few minutes and then at 2:15 we disassembled the Christmas tree and put it back in its bag and put the bag back in the garage.


We decided we liked putting the tree up and decorating it on the porch and will do it again next year.


After the tree was put away I watched Dallas lose its Wildcard game against San Francisco.


Dinner -


Then at 6:00 we watched 60 Minutes and I sliced about ten mushrooms and the last 1/3 of a small red onion and opened the wedge of Jarlsberg cheese and sliced about 7 or 8 slices of cheese for the mushroom omelet we decided to make for dinner.


Suzette then sautéed the mushrooms and onion in a large skillet in melted butter and then added the PPI ham.  After that cooked for several minutes Suzette added the chopped ham and then 4 whisked eggs.


After the egg set slightly Suzette lay the cheese slices on top of the omelet.


She left me in charge for a few minutes and I flipped one half onto the other half with two spatulas.


Suzette returned and when she thought the cheese had melted, cut the omelet in half and place one-half on each plate.



The omelet was amazingly filling. Suzette saved some of her portion for breakfast.


We watched Around the World in 80 days, All Creatures Great and Small, and Vienna Blood on PBS and then went to bed, I to blog and Suzette to sleep.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment