Monday, January 10, 2022

January 10, 2022 Lunch - Rice, Smoked Pork Cutlet, and egg Foo Young. Dinner - Couscous, Steak, and Calabacitas

January 10, 2022 Lunch - Rice, Smoked Pork Cutlet, and egg Foo Young. Dinner - Couscous, Steak, and Calabacitas 


I ate PPI ingredients today.  I did not eat until 3:00 when I sautéed rice, 1/2 diced smoked pork cutlet, 2 tsp. of soy sauce, and two eggs.  I let the ingredients cook into a nearly solid loaf.  I drank a cup of tea with lunch.


I then went to Sprouts and bought dill, a rutabaga, yogurt, and chocolate covered walnuts.


I then drove to Smith’s where I bought 6 lb. of fresh salmon and two fresh Dungeness crab sections and claws, which are now being offered at Smith’s.


When I returned home at 6:00 Suzette told me that her stomach hurt.  We discussed what might be a good choice for her and decided tha t she should ea yogurt and blueberries.


We started viewing the Georgia v. Alabama National Football Championship.  It was a defensive battle in the first half that ended with Alabama ahead 9 to 6, all field goals.  Things opened up in the second half although Georgia’s defense was still dominant and Georgia scored on a fumble and several long passes to win 33 to 18.  It was a really exciting game.


During the game I heated a bowl of couscous, Calabacitas, and 4 oz. of grilled steak and drank the rest of the Edict, an Anderson Valley 2018 pinot noir.  The pinot was even smoother than last night.  I really liked it.


After the game I watched 1/2 of Rachel Maddow and then Lawrence O’Donnell to catch up on the news.


I will make Gravad Lax tomorrow.


Before I went to bed I checked my portfolio and found it had had a miraculous recovery from down 2% to break even.  The panic associated with higher interest rates may have subsided.


Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment