Friday, January 14, 2022

January 14, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean   Dinner - Bean and Macaroni soup with corn bread


This was another day with three good meals.


I started the day with Gravad lax and red onion slices on bagel slices with cream cheese.  The lax was just as tender and delicious as ever.



I then bought 400 shares of Square, but I did it the way Cramer suggested to inch my way in.  The price started to drop and I bought 200 at $137 and the price kept dropping and I was able to buy the other 200 shares at 130.


Then later in the day the Market began to rebound from down 400 to down 200 on the Dow and Square ended at $133.50, so I did not lose any money on the trade.  Let’s hope this is the bottom.  


As I said the market rebounded slightly toward the close and my portfolios became positive with an aggregate of .28%.


Peter Eller came by at noon and he wanted Chinese, so I drove us to East Ocean at 3601 Carlisle NE.


Peter had not eaten the roasted 1/2 duck, so we ordered that and Mixed Stir Fried vegetables.  Peter loved both dishes and paid for the meal because I forgot my wallet.


When I returned home I read and napped until 5:00 when Suzette came home.


She was hungry and I said I would gladly eat the bean and macaroni and ham soup we made yesterday again


Suzette said she wanted to eat the soup with corn bread so I opened the Joy of Cooking and we followed its recipe.


Unfortunately I had bought masa instead of corn meal.  As I learned today, masa is finely ground corn flour.  It is much finer than normal corn meal.  As a result the corn bread was pastry like in its consistency, It was smooth and dense and did not rise very much.  We buttered pieces of it and added honey and it became a delectable accompaniment to the soup. The soup has gotten better with another day in the fridge.  Suzette opened a bottle of Riviera red wine from Rioja.


We watched a movie after dinner titled Smart People with Sarah Jessica Parker and Dennis Quaid in the lead with Ellen Page and Church supporting.


After the movie we went to bed by 10:00.


Bon Appetit


 Red

No comments:

Post a Comment