Wednesday, January 12, 2022

January 12, 2022 Lunch - Potstickers and Seaweed Salad. Dinner - Crab Egg Drop Soup

January 12, 2022 Lunch - Potstickers and Seaweed Salad. Dinner - Crab Egg Drop Soup


I awakened at 8:00, got ready, and drove to my podiatry appointment at 9:00.


I returned home and worked a bit.  Wednesday is the day of the week that Suzette works at home.  She went to a doctor’s appointment at 7:30 and then went to Pro Source at 9:00 to approve the tile for the bathroom remodel.  When I returned the brought in the fruit salad from the garage and we ate fruit salad, yogurt, and granola. I added some milk to mine.


At 12:30 I got hungry again and decided to eat potstickers so I fetched 13 from the garage freezer and sautéed them for ten or fifteen minutes in a skillet with 2 T. of canola oil.




Suzette ate three and I ate 10 with some seaweed salad.


After lunch I lay down until 2:00 and the went to the bank to get my signature notarized.  When I talked to the banker about the new notary requirements, he gave me one of the new registers needed to record my notarizations.


From 3:00 I until 7:00 I attended the City of Albuquerque Landmarks Commission.  A newly added awning added by Brian over the front portal was the subject of our case and the Landmarks Committee made Brian remove it and encouraged him to have an architect come up with a better design.


While up I was zooming, Suzette picked the crab I bought on Monday at Smith’s. 


We discussed several ways to prepare it and finally decided to make it into Crab Egg Drop Soup.


I filled a 2 quart pot half full of water and the added dehydrated chicken broth and dashi.  Suzette then added the approximately 3/4 cup of picked crab meat.  I added a T. of red miso, 2 or 3 T. of Chinese Cooking Wine and five or six drops of sesame oil.  Suzette.P whisked three eggs and added the beaten eggs slowly in a stream as she continually stirred the pot to disburse the egg in a cloud of tiny egg globules.




The soup was delicious and was only enhanced by the 2020 Vara Albariño.


Th.e soup was really delicious and there was some left for lunch.


Later I ate two chocolate chips cookie and a cup of tea.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment